YouTube May Have Just Completely Changed The College Football Economy???

BUBear

Football On The Brazos
YouTube may have just completely changed the college football economy - FootballScoop

YouTube may have just completely changed the college football economy
By Zach Barnett -
February 28, 2017

At an event in Los Angeles on Tuesday afternoon, YouTube may have just changed college football forever.

Okay, that statement may be getting ahead of things just a bit, but it’s not hard to see how we could get there.

The Internet’s official home for cat videos announced the creation of YouTubeTV, a streaming service includes nearly every channel on which college football is played — ABC, CBS, FOX, CBS, the ESPN family of networks, Fox Sports 1 and BTN. The best part for consumers? YouTube TV will cost only $35 a month, with personalization options for up to six members on each account.

Reactions: 1 person
Apple flirted with this same concept and failed. I see the same for Youtube. First off they offer way less than what cable companies offer so of course it better be cheap. They won't even offer channels like TBS, TNN, and Discovery let alone HBO, Starz, or Cinemax. I wouldn't pay $35 for 30 channels.

Reactions: 2 people
Until I can get the same quality broadcast with online streaming that is provided by cable, I won't leave cable. I hate paying the cable bill but I REALLY hate buffering, pixelating, etc. during a Tennessee football game.

That being said, this is the future. I made just not be on board until v4.0 or higher.

Reactions: 2 people
If this ends up being good quality, I will drop Comcast like a brick. I'll stick with them for Internet since I have no other option, but to hell with their ridiculous cable prices.

Until I can get the same quality broadcast with online streaming that is provided by cable, I won't leave cable. I hate paying the cable bill but I REALLY hate buffering, pixelating, etc. during a Tennessee football game.

That being said, this is the future. I made just not be on board until v4.0 or higher.

I've yet to have any issues with DirectTV Now. I couldn't be happier I got rid of cable.

Apple flirted with this same concept and failed. I see the same for Youtube. First off they offer way less than what cable companies offer so of course it better be cheap. They won't even offer channels like TBS, TNN, and Discovery let alone HBO, Starz, or Cinemax. I wouldn't pay $35 for 30 channels.

I would so long as it's channels I watch, which is maybe 15.

DirecTV Now is a much better deal..but there needs to be competition so I hope they are successful

Free YouTube is better entertainment than 99% of tv anyways. I'll stick to my free cat videos. lol

Free YouTube is better entertainment than 99% of tv anyways. I'll stick to my free cat videos. lol

cute-cat-o.gif

Reactions: 3 people

Props for a TNN reference.

I miss watching Ralph Emery at my grandmother's.

I've yet to have any issues with DirectTV Now. I couldn't be happier I got rid of cable.

I lump DirectTV and Dish in with "cable."

My issue is with internet streaming. But we are getting gigapower or whatever the Google highspeed is in my hood though so maybe my opinion will change.

My issue is with internet streaming. But we are getting gigapower or whatever the Google highspeed is in my hood though so maybe my opinion will change.

DirectTV Now is a streaming service. No satellite required.

Similar to Dish's Sling service.

I have gigaspeed internet and I hardely ever have buffering issues. The YT deal is a ripoff IMO. You can get all the good channels with Directv now, PSVue, or even Sling for around the same price and get a 30 dollar indoor antennae for local channels in HD.

VN Store

Back