Ole Miss self imposes post season ban

If that's all they get slapped with (11 scholarships docked over 4 years and a one-year bowl ban), they got off easy.

Reactions: 7 people
Not to give Finebaum credit for anything but he did predict a few months back that Ole Miss would be announcing something major like this but they would wait 2 or 3 weeks after NSD to do it.

Reactions: 1 person
Not to give Finebaum credit for anything but he did predict a few months back that Ole Miss would be announcing something major like this but they would wait 2 or 3 weeks after NSD to do it.

Yep. Wonder how long they had been sitting on the notice of new allegations before announcing and self-imposing.

The NCAA tried to get Ole Miss/Hugh Freeze in the heartwarming tale of screwing the NCAA over (The Blind Side). I guess the NCAA finally got them. I guess that's what beating Bama in back to back years does when you are cheating like Hugh Fre-sus.

You know that every school is doing this stuff. It's just a matter of who gets caught.

Appears that Ole Miss was sloppy and too brazen in their shenanigans, plus they were a "little brother" program that dramatically improved in a short period of time. Too much attention.

You know that every school is doing this stuff. It's just a matter of who gets caught.

Appears that Ole Miss was sloppy and too brazen in their shenanigans, plus they were a "little brother" program that dramatically improved in a short period of time. Too much attention.

Maybe so but the way Freeze promotes himself and his program through piety really makes him look like a phony right now. He will tweet something later about this being God's plan and how he will persevere through his faith, all while making sure Greg Little is happy with his new loaner car.

Reactions: 3 people
When did this "self-imposed" stuff start?

Over the years, I have come to realize that Florida didn't do anything wrong in the 80's. They just cheated at the wrong time in history.

Reactions: 5 people
The NCAA tried to get Ole Miss/Hugh Freeze in the heartwarming tale of screwing the NCAA over (The Blind Side). I guess the NCAA finally got them. I guess that's what beating Bama in back to back years does when you are cheating like Hugh Fre-sus.

And Hugh had his dirty hands in that too

I have to imagine Freeze gets the boot before long. Make a sacrifice and the NCAA probably won't do a whole lot more. But Ole Miss might be thinking that they will never do better than Freeze.

He's gone. Either ole miss fires him or the NCAA will just suspend him half the year or to a whole year, which then he will be fired for anyways

If that's all they get slapped with (11 scholarships docked over 4 years and a one-year bowl ban), they got off easy.
21 infractions, most are level-1, staff directly implicated, cash payments, HC failure, lack of institutional control, poor cooperation with investigation. Very bad. NCAA likely to come down hard. May rule 3 year post season ban & settle on 2 years (loss of about $15M post season revenue) and probably 20+ scholarships. Maybe other recruiting restrictions. Maybe allowing players to transfer out freely without penalty. Maybe a show cause for staff directly involved, maybe for Freeze too and/or suspension. Probably five years probation. Probably disassociation of involved boosters. Punishment package is likely to be severe and it'll take the program a very long time to recover.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back