UT basketball question

TennFan

Will the men's team make the NCAA or NIT?
What do the Vols need to do in SEC tourney?
Reasons why or why not for either (NCAA or NIT).

Will the Lady Vols make the NCAA tourney? Why?
What do Lady Vols need to do in the SEC tourney?

In my opinion, men's team needs to win out in regular season and win one game in SEC toruney to get in the NCAA. Four games left in regular season. Vandy and SC will be tough! If they lose two more games and only win one in SEC tourney, they'll go to NIT.

Lady Vols have 3 games left. Can they win out? In my opinion, NO. Mississippi State will beat them.
How will they do in the SEC tourney? Best in the NCAA a #8 seed.:huh:

Last edited:

What do Lady Vols need to do in the SEC tourney

In my opinion, men's team needs to win out in regular season and win one game in SEC toruney to get in the NCAA. Four games left in regular season. Vandy and SC will be tough! If they lose two more games and only win one in SEC tourney, they'll go to NIT.

Lady Vols have 3 games left. Can they win out? In my opinion, NO. Mississippi State will beat them.

Maybe try the Basketball forum? Many opinions in the threads to answer your questions.

Reactions: 1 person
Very very likely NIT unless we win out, or lose to Scar and then win out as well as win a few in the SECT

What do Lady Vols need to do in the SEC tourney?

The men's team will make the NCAA tournament for sure if they go 3-1 down the stretch and win one in the SEC tournament. If they go 3-1 and win none in the SEC tournament, they're a true bubble team and will be at the mercy of other teams' performance. If Tennessee wins one more game, they will unquestionably make the NIT.

The Lady Vols are a lock for the NCAA tournament regardless of what they do in the SEC tournament. It's not going to happen, but they could lose the next three in the regular season and drop their first game in the SEC tournament and still make the Big Dance.

I personally think that South Carolina and Alabama will be the toughest games, but I have a good feeling about playing in Columbia... or, at least, a better feeling than ending the season at home with Alabama. If we split the final four games, we unquestionably will need to win at least one game in the SEC Tournament to be in the conversation and two would make me feel 80% confident as a bubble team.

The Lady Vols, oddly, could win out. This team is incredibly erratic and I wouldn't be surprised if we beat Florida and Arkansas while somehow managing to upend Mississippi State in Starksville as 10+ point dogs... only to be shown the door in the first round of the SEC Tournament. I have no confidence whatsoever regarding seeding this team, but our ceiling is absolutely higher than an 8.

VN Store

Back