Ed Orgeron Causing a Stir in New Orleans(Boycott Coming?)

I'm not sure what will become of this but this could potentially be detrimental to the Tigers. That state is loaded with talent every single year

Reactions: 1 person
The truly depressing part is that if this is true, it could create a recruiting opportunity for Bama. Because, you know, Bama struggles with recruiting. :sick::mf_surrender:

The source intimated that other SEC programs have gotten wind of the meeting and could capitalize on the boycott, most notably Alabama. St. Augustine alum Burton Burns recruits the New Orleans region for Nick Saban and the Crimson Tide.

I think he'll get it figured out.

A few extra $$ won't hurt.

This happens all the time. Every school tries to minimize staff changes until after signing day. Am I missing something? Is it because he's black?

Reactions: 3 people
This happens all the time. Every school tries to minimize staff changes until after signing day. Am I missing something? Is it because he's black?

I think it's more because he is from that area and the coaches feel like he was used to keep 3 or 4 local commits on board and then was let go the day after signing day.

I've read that's probably very likely. The coaches raising the fuss are all black.

Just saw on ESPN that Coach Jabbar Juluke has already hit the road back to Texas Tech.
What a mess.

Is it because he's black?

Why ask questions about something you already know the answer to? So sick of this bull****, where you have to boycott or protest if you disagree with something. Does anyone really think Orgeron would really try piss off the schools in NOLA? So dumb.

So what am I missing? Looks like they hired Tommie Robinson who is more than qualified.

***Here are five quick things to know about Robinson.
•Returned to Southern Cal last season after spending two years under Charlie Strong at Texas.
•Served as USC’s running backs coach/passing game coordinator during Ed Orgeron’s interim season as the Trojans head coach in 2013.
•Has ample NFL experience, serving as Dallas Cowboys assistant wide receivers coach from 1998-2000 and as running backs coach for the Arizona Cardinals from 2010-12.
•Was on Les Miles’ first staff at Oklahoma State in 2001, joining Miles from Dallas.

This is one of the most insanely overblown stories I can recall. These high school coaches are upset because Orgeron canned their buddy, not because he fired a black guy. They can pretend it's about race, but they know full well it's not.

This is one of the most insanely overblown stories I can recall. These high school coaches are upset because Orgeron canned their buddy, not because he fired a black guy. They can pretend it's about race, but they know full well it's not.

No matter why their mad, if they shut out Coach O from their high schools program it will be big time.

No matter why their mad, if they shut out Coach O from their high schools program it will be big time.

But they won't. This is a public way of complaining that their designated fluffer was let go. He was the one stroking their egos, taking them out to dinner, and (let's be honest) lining their pockets. They want to believe that the gravy train will continue.

LSU will assign someone else to do the job, but these coaches are going to publicly whine until they are satisfied that they'll still be feeling the love.

Reactions: 2 people
But they won't. This is a public way of complaining that their designated fluffer was let go. He was the one stroking their egos, taking them out to dinner, and (let's be honest) lining their pockets. They want to believe that the gravy train will continue.

LSU will assign someone else to do the job, but these coaches are going to publicly whine until they are satisfied that they'll still be feeling the love.

Yep

It will only hurt the kids, these high school coaches need to stay out of Orgerons business of running an SEC program and stick to their 20K a year salary to coach varsity football. Race my a$$, the whole thing is a crop of sh!t.

It will only hurt the kids, these high school coaches need to stay out of Orgerons business of running an SEC program and stick to their 20K a year salary to coach varsity football. Race my a$$, the whole thing is a crop of sh!t.

I hear tell the sh** harvest is comin in mighty fine this year.

So, high school coaches can dictate where a student athlete attends college? Interesting.

Not exactly, but think about this.

You're a high school kid in Louisiana who is very interested in LSU, however, you've never actually met the coaching staff because they aren't allowed at your school. Meanwhile Nick Saban, who you have met, is dropping a $100,000 Cadillac SUV at your feet. Where are you going to be inclined to go?

Last edited:
Not exactly, but think about this.

You're a high school kid in Louisiana who is very interested in LSU, however, you've never actually met the coaching staff because they aren't allowed at your school. Meanwhile Nick Saban, who you have met, is dropping a $100,000 Cadillac SUV at your feet. Where are you going to be inclined to go?

Lol.

Did this meeting happen?

VN Store

Back