When the NCAA was looking Ole Miss recruited

At Ole Miss levels. Man did they reach a ton. More evidence for the NCAA quite frankly when you see the product of oversight.

I'm sure other coaches negatively recruited the hell out of them too with the possible penalties....They may not have tradition even close to say a Tennessee's, but Oxford and Ole Miss is a gorgeous town and campus. I could see why a recruit would want to play there.

I'm sure other coaches negatively recruited the hell out of them too with the possible penalties....They may not have tradition even close to say a Tennessee's, but Oxford and Ole Miss is a gorgeous town and campus. I could see why a recruit would want to play there.

I love Oxford and I'm there for business every other month. Love the square and the food.

Not football though.

I love Oxford and I'm there for business every other month. Love the square and the food.

Not football though.

I've been to 5 or so games there. Lived in the Memphis area for a little while. The Grove is always a blast. Kinda wish we had a spot like that to tailgate for home games.

I've been to 5 or so games there. Lived in the Memphis area for a little while. The Grove is always a blast. Kinda wish we had a spot like that to tailgate for home games.

I hear ya. Just making a point of the last few classes and their trend since things have been put on spotlight about their ways.

I love the Grove too. Is there a fee to set up there? Somewhere I heard there wasn't, but that doesn't seem likely.

PERSONALLY, I like all of the options that we have at UT.

The new Circle Park is great. G10. FIJI Island. Calhoun's. The Strip. Fraternity Houses. Market Square. VOL Walk. Front of Stadium. Ayres/Game Day. Sheraton. Other Hotel bars. VET School. VOL Navy.
I've done them all depending on who I am with for that particular game.
Most of us are very welcoming to the opposing fans that are wandering through.

Same thing I like about my University. We are not all the same. You can find what you like even if you're not like everyone else...except the ORANGE.

Unlike a lot of SEC schools where everyone looks and acts the same (ole miss may be #1 in this category) UT is very wonderfully diversified.

WHERE do you hang out? What places have I missed that are a must do?

PERSONALLY, I like all of the options that we have at UT.

The new Circle Park is great. G10. FIJI Island. Calhoun's. The Strip. Fraternity Houses. Market Square. VOL Walk. Front of Stadium. Ayres/Game Day. Sheraton. Other Hotel bars. VET School. VOL Navy.
I've done them all depending on who I am with for that particular game.
Most of us are very welcoming to the opposing fans that are wandering through.

Same thing I like about my University. We are not all the same. You can find what you like even if you're not like everyone else...except the ORANGE.

Unlike a lot of SEC schools where everyone looks and acts the same (ole miss may be #1 in this category) UT is very wonderfully diversified.

WHERE do you hang out? What places have I missed that are a must do?

Me too. The Grove is nice (all 3 sq ft of it), but I'll take UT's tailgating atmosphere any day of the week over the Grove. As you mentioned, there's so much variety on tailgating around campus and you can have a little bit of elbow room instead of being packed in like bowl-haircutted rats wearing Gucci loafers and Vineyard Vines shirts.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back