Kansas vs Kentucky

GoDucks349

Ok, I'll admit to a bit of a very nice Oregon Pinot tonight, but, if Oregon is the #10 team in the country, there is no way Kentucky or Kansas is in the top 10. They don't play defense and they make way to many mistakes to be in the to 10.

On another note, how the heck did fsu get in the top 20? They look a lot like USC. Granted USC can light it up on occasions and take down a UCLA, but they just can't do it often enough to win the tourney.

Ok..... I'll probably get some serious flack for my opinion here. I'll see if I can field the responses..

The same way Zaga is going to be #1. Reputation > Reality. Gonzaga most likely will flame out again in the tourney. Teams like UK, Duke, UNC, etc are working through their own issues after being overvalued at the start of the year. UK has great talent, but terrible defense. And then when our defense finally falls apart we start to panic and look terrible on offense too. Only thanks to Monk pulling 47 points out of nowhere we beat UNC. And we should have lost to Vandy if not for a bizzarely good game from Briscoe.

The same way Zaga is going to be #1. Reputation > Reality. Gonzaga most likely will flame out again in the tourney. Teams like UK, Duke, UNC, etc are working through their own issues after being overvalued at the start of the year. UK has great talent, but terrible defense. And then when our defense finally falls apart we start to panic and look terrible on offense too. Only thanks to Monk pulling 47 points out of nowhere we beat UNC. And we should have lost to Vandy if not for a bizzarely good game from Briscoe.

Yea, the Zags will probably flame out pretty early in the tourney. At best Sweet 16.

Reactions: 1 person

youre right Gonzaga has a soft conf schedule -- they would have at least 5 losses in a P5 conf

Reactions: 2 people
Yea, the Zags will probably flame out pretty early in the tourney. At best Sweet 16.

Just one of those teams that is always good. But they play a meh schedule every year. Other teams near the top will take their lumps, but sometimes it's better to lose early and learn rather than struggle when you finally face adversity.

Just one of those teams that is always good. But they play a meh schedule every year. Other teams near the top will take their lumps, but sometimes it's better to lose early and learn rather than struggle when you finally face adversity.

I'd agree, the Zags will give some teams problems. They will probably lose to a team that lights up from the three point line. A disciplined methodical team will have a more difficult time with the Zags.

I think Utah may go as far as the Zags in the NCAAs. They are definitely an underrated team.

If the "secret" preseason scrimmages mean anything, Baylor and Zaga (both Top 5) played to a tie in OKC back in November. Word is they will continue to scrimmage there in the future.

Cal got out coached by Barnes and Self. This is why the One & Done rule doesn't work out most of the time for UK. There's no leadership cause most players on the floor are freshman. I don't care how many McDonald's All Americans you have. Basketball is a team sport. Cal relies on NBA talent to help him win ball games and when they're not clicking, you see the results.

Reactions: 1 person
Cal got out coached by Barnes and Self. This is why the One & Done rule doesn't work out most of the time for UK. There's no leadership cause most players on the floor are freshman. I don't care how many McDonald's All Americans you have. Basketball is a team sport. Cal relies on NBA talent to help him win ball games and when they're not clicking, you see the results.

Looked like they had never seen a zone before. Cal always has a hard uphill battle to get 17/18 year olds to mesh. They went up against a team in Kansas and we saw Self make his adjustments. Cal just stood screaming unfortunately.

I agree, though a lot of my friends back home will not have this. Cal is infallible to some of them.

I agree, though a lot of my friends back home will not have this. Cal is infallible to some of them.

I think a lot of us UK fans can appreciate the job of taking a bunch of new guys every season and making it work. But in the last few years (especially since the Wisconsin game in 2015) people have started to accept that Cal is a tick below some of the other guys. Sometimes Cal makes the right move (in 2014 tourney), sometimes he is absolutely lost out there like yesterday.

I think a lot of us UK fans can appreciate the job of taking a bunch of new guys every season and making it work. But in the last few years (especially since the Wisconsin game in 2015) people have started to accept that Cal is a tick below some of the other guys. Sometimes Cal makes the right move (in 2014 tourney), sometimes he is absolutely lost out there like yesterday.

Bench coaching has never been Cal's great strength. See the Memphis deal.

More of a 'roll out the ball & let them play' type guy.

Agree

Bench coaching has never been Cal's great strength. See the Memphis deal.

More of a 'roll out the ball & let them play' type guy.

To a certain extent...yes. He kinda has to just see what he has and go from there. He seems to be a lot better at getting players to improve over the year, but during the game is when he has his biggest issues.

VN Store

Back