Dabo is still an idiot

allvol123

He was quoted as saying any NFL team that passes on drafting D. Watson is passing on Micheal Jordan.

You won the championship, you are still a goofball.

To honestly compare your guy to a guy that is the face of an entire sport is just absurd.

So, we're saying that a coach shouldn't back up or promote one of his players? Even if it seems far fetched, as a player, wouldn't it make you feel ecstatic to have that kind of hyperbole from a national championship winning coach?

Reactions: 4 people
If I was Dabo I would be saying the same thing lol. Watson was a huge piece in winning him a national championship. He was obviously using hyperbole to back up his player. Any coach anywhere does that and they should.

Reactions: 5 people
So, we're saying that a coach shouldn't back up or promote one of his players? Even if it seems far fetched, as a player, wouldn't it make you feel ecstatic to have that kind of hyperbole from a national championship winning coach?

Not at all, but comparing a player who has never played a down in the NFL to the greatest basketball player of all time is a bit absured.

Reactions: 1 person
well that is open for debate, If Mike isn't the best it is a short list of better players

I don't know if he actually believes that or not. Maybe he does.

I think the greater goal with that comment is to show his players, recruits he will go to bat for you and do what he can for you. Makes you want to play for a guy like that.

Watson was great but he's not a hit or miss type of player unless an NFL team is desperate for a QB. Pretty stupid of him to compare MJ which was one of the greatest athletes of all time in sports to Watson who's yet to prove he'll be successful in the NFL.

This was the right thing to do for the player and the program. Even if Dabo doesn't believe it. If Deshaun gets drafted super high then for recruiting QBs to Clemson Dabo can always sell that. We get you drafted high in draft like franchise QB high. As for Deshaun while it makes the expectations increase from your kool-aid drinking fans who don't know any better so that brings pressure. But it Dabo can sell a team on taking him a few spots higher in draft it's more money for a kid he absolutely loves. I like it. This also means Dabo is real. The whole playoff Dabo talked of telling people were coming for them don't fear being the favorite. Run to the Target! I liked that phrase. This quote comparing Deshaun to Michael Jordan proves he embraces the Target.

Honestly I'd draft Watson above Tribisky(sp) and you're calling Dabo names because he said that? He is promoting his guy trying to get him drafted as high as he can

Reactions: 2 people
Dabo could say the sky is blue and he'd still be a goober.

I do give him props for being a goober with people skills.

Hope he don't turn out like Young, Leaf or Manziel. No guarantees in this sport. Just sayin',

Dabo could say the sky is blue and he'd still be a goober.

I do give him props for being a goober with people skills.

I give him props for being the goober that beat the midget goober.

not sure why people don't think Watson will succeed in the NFL. the dude can pass.

injuries are a question mark but besides that I don't see any reason to question him.

No, it just makes him look stupid and creates a vision of you that is unattainable. I promise you Watson is not the Micheal Jordan of anything.

Not too much of an idiot:

CollegeFootballTalk ‏@CFTalk

Dabo Swinney, Clemson staff earn nearly $3 million in bonuses in run to national title #collegefootball
proxy.jpg

https://t.co/RnMNWMzuXW

11:23 AM - 27 Jan 2017

Reactions: 1 person
well that is open for debate, If Mike isn't the best it is a short list of better players

you are right, the list is probably short...David Thompson, Bill Walton, Billy Cunningham, Art Heyman, & James Worthy come to mind...

VN Store

Back