Harbaugh back at it

tnburban

Taking his team to Italy. Timed just right to get those late deciding recruits. "Come to Michigan and go on a nice all expenses paid vacation." I know, the upcoming signing class won't be going except maybe early enrollees but still something for them to think about.

Waiting for Saban to complain like he did about satellite camps in 3....2....1....

Edit - link.

Michigan's Italy trip another 'Harbaugh antic,' in a good way

And Saban uses his lake house not that he needs to
All coaches do it I don't get my Harbaugh gets a knock for it.

I think Harbaugh is good. That said, surprised by the money they are spending, he has produced nothing yet.

Reactions: 1 person
Isn't this the last year he can do that? Thought I heard that will be against the rules next year.

Spending money on a trip to Italy? That's nothing...

Michigan Wolverines to pay top assistants $1 million a year

Dang...how can we compete with this?

I read that today too. I wonder where they get all their money. They paid Harbaugh $9 million this season. It definitely seems their AD and boosters are willing to do whatever it takes to put Michigan on top. It was very interesting to see how they hired away a NFL assistant head coach for a positions coach.

They will have 3 assistants making over a million dollars, the rest of college football had 12 total in 2016. LSU and Alabama have 2 each. Tennessee is paying Shoop over a million.

I know Tennessee increased its salary pool to a little over $5 million, which is a record. Our AD and boosters need to step it up and get us the best of the best. It's not all about how much you spend, but the results you get from it.

Last edited:
I read that today too. I wonder where they get all their money. They paid Harbaugh $9 million this season. It definitely seems their AD and boosters are willing to do whatever it takes to put Michigan on top. It was very interesting to see how they hired away a NFL assistant head coach for a positions coach.

They will have 3 assistants making over a million dollars, the rest of college football had 12 total in 2016. LSU and Alabama have 2 each. Tennessee is paying Shoop over a million.

I know Tennessee increased its salary pool to a little over $5 million, which is a record. Our AD and boosters need to step it up and get us the best of the best. It's not all about how much you spend, but the results you get from it.

173.8 million goes a long way.

Michigan finalizes Nike contract for up to $173.8 million

Reactions: 2 people
One thing to consider is that "Michigan" is a brand in both academics and sports. They are one of the top public schools in academics. Engineering, business, med school, etc. They have it going on in academics. Hate all you want, but can't deny their record for academics.

Money spent in athletics is about keeping them in the national headlines. After all they employed a certain someone to oversee Olympic sports, right? It's all about branding and recognition.

Posted most of this earlier in another thread, but probably more applicable here.

Comparing MI and TN:

Coaches:
$9,000,000 / $4,000,000 = 2.25 (CJH Salary / CBJ's)

10-3 vs 9-4 ≠ 2.25 (MI record 2016 vs UT's 2016)

49 / 31 (MI Strength of Schedule Ranking / TN's - Sagarin)

1. $5,000,000 for ONE additional win vs a weaker schedule.
2. Harbaugh's overpaid for what they got.

Economics:
$451,516,000,000 / $300,604,000,000 = 1.50 (MI Gross State Product / TN's)

$2,715.20 / $1,909.08 = 1.42 (MI per capita tax revenue / TN's)

1. They have a lot more money to spend than we do.
2. They pay a helluva lot more in taxes.

Academics
1,364 / 1208 = 1.13 (MI Average SAT / TN's (Class of 2021))
1030 / 1000 (MI Lowest SAT / TN's)
31 / 26 = 1.19 (MI Average ACT / TN's)
20 / 17 (TN Lowest ACT / TN's)

1. They're smarter than we are.
2. Many on here couldn't get into either school.

Cost of Living / Income
Ann Arbor is 40.2% more expensive than Knoxville.
Ann Arbor housing costs are 93.0% more than Knoxville housing costs.
$55,775 / $47,275 = 1.18 (MI Median Household Income / TN's)

We're getting a way better deal.

Climate:
Knoxville / Ann Arbor
Snowfall (in.) 6 / 57
Sunny Days 204 / 178
Avg. Jan. Low 27 / 17

57" of snow? No thanks.

IMO, IT'S GREAT TO BE A TENNESSEE VOLUNTEER!

Reactions: 6 people
Harbaugh in his only two seasons: back to back ten win seasons, was knocking on the door of the playoffs and got a New Years Six Bowl and the Citrus, both better than any bowl Butch has ever made it to.

Harbaugh in his only two seasons: back to back ten win seasons, was knocking on the door of the playoffs and got a New Years Six Bowl and the Citrus, both better than any bowl Butch has ever made it to.

He's Urban's b$$$h and FSU showed everyone how ovwrrrated Michigan was this year. Harbaugh is overrated and coaches in an overrated conference. Let Michigan keep paying him and he still won't win the conference

Taking his team to Italy. Timed just right to get those late deciding recruits. "Come to Michigan and go on a nice all expenses paid vacation." I know, the upcoming signing class won't be going except maybe early enrollees but still something for them to think about.

Waiting for Saban to complain like he did about satellite camps in 3....2....1....

Edit - link.

Michigan's Italy trip another 'Harbaugh antic,' in a good way

He's going to need all the gimmicks he can come up with, he makes $9 million per year to beat OSU. He lost 18 starters this season, I don't see him beating Meyer this year and his seat is blazing hot in 2018 when he goes 0-4 against OSU.

I hope an NCAA investigator is waiting for the plane to arrive back from Italy -- all the luxury goods that can be bought there, will be plenty to charge UM with improper benefits

He's Urban's b$$$h and FSU showed everyone how ovwrrrated Michigan was this year. Harbaugh is overrated and coaches in an overrated conference. Let Michigan keep paying him and he still won't win the conference

Would you rather have Harbaugh or Jones?

VN Store

Back