Florida

This is why I feel good about us winning the East this year. Florida is gonna take a step back because of their poor recruiting in 2015-2017. I think we beat them in the swamp this year. Georgia isn't ready like us 2 years ago. Most of their talent is freshmen and sophomores. And I don't think Kirby Smart is a good coach either. We should beat them at home.

Without the off-season hype I expect the team to be hungry to prove themselves.

We'll go 11-1 in 2017 with our only loss being at Alabama.

Reactions: 2 people
This is why I feel good about us winning the East this year. Florida is gonna take a step back because of their poor recruiting in 2015-2017. I think we beat them in the swamp this year. Georgia isn't ready like us 2 years ago. Most of their talent is freshmen and sophomores. And I don't think Kirby Smart is a good coach either. We should beat them at home.

And we get SC and Vandy at home this year

Reactions: 4 people

A little worried about GT -- whoever scheduled that game is an idiot (likely Hart wasnt it ?)

And we get SC and Vandy at home this year

Hopefully playing those two teams at home will make the difference in us being able to pull off a couple of wins we couldn't last year. Kinda embarrassing to say, but they're gonna be two very difficult games imo.

Reactions: 1 person
I read Michigan had 46 seniors last year, plus any juniors that left early. 43 of their 44 2 deep were seniors last year according to one site. That's absolutely insane.

Absolutely, Michigan lost most of their two-deep.

I'm looking forward to that game, definitely intriguing. Seriously though, how weird will it be to see the Gators play somewhere other than Tallahassee or another SEC venue outside of a bowl site? No offense, but it's about time and I think it's good for college football.

Recruiting was good, but losing 50 of your 85 players in one season is going to put a hole in their team regardless. They've also lost several coaches.

They lose their starting RB
They lose 4 OL starters,
They lose their top 2 receivers
They lose their top 2 TE

They lose their entire starting DL
They lose 2 starting LB's
They lose their entire starting secondary
They lose their kicker
They lose their punter
They lose their kick returner

Any team would have trouble recovering from that, regardless of recruiting

Recruiting was good, but losing 50 of your 85 players in one season is going to put a hole in their team regardless. They've also lost several coaches.

They lose their starting RB
They lose 4 OL starters,
They lose their top 2 receivers
They lose their top 2 TE

They lose their entire starting DL
They lose 2 starting LB's
They lose their entire starting secondary
They lose their kicker
They lose their punter
They lose their kick returner

Any team would have trouble recovering from that, regardless of recruiting

Not Alabama

Lol. Yeah ok. More of your crazy predictions. When are you going to realize that you are as bad at predicting as you are talent evaluating?

I'm looking forward to that game, definitely intriguing. Seriously though, how weird will it be to see the Gators play somewhere other than Tallahassee or another SEC venue outside of a bowl site? No offense, but it's about time and I think it's good for college football.

It's not something I think about that often quite honestly, but our schedule critics like to bring it up.

From a scheduling standpoint, I get our philosophy. Our strength of schedule and recruiting footprint don't require road trips two or three time zones away from Gainesville to find a quality OOC opponent.

Our in-state rivals have a combined 8 national titles, and we play one of them every year...the other we've played four times over the past 13 seasons, and we play them again in 2018.

But I'll admit to being excited about the Michigan game, and in particular the venue.

VN Store

Back