Mike Leach runs his mouth again...

Mike Leach has accomplished what in his career? If his offense is so great then why does he only have one co-championship division and that was in 2008? His 113-77 overall and 6-6 bowl record says his offense is overrated.

This sounds like sour grapes from being left out of the BCS championship in 08 and then getting beaten by Ole Miss in the Cotton Bowl. An 8-4 SEC team scored almost at will against his best ever team.

glad UT didnt bother with this clown -- only a matter of time before the NCAA starts snooping around at WSU

He's the best thing to happen to Wazzu since the Mike Price days. I'm glad he's there. He's been great for the Cougs.

After this year can anyone say the SEC is special?

Reactions: 3 people
Mike Leach has accomplished what in his career? If his offense is so great then why does he only have one co-championship division and that was in 2008? His 113-77 overall and 6-6 bowl record says his offense is overrated.

This sounds like sour grapes from being left out of the BCS championship in 08 and then getting beaten by Ole Miss in the Cotton Bowl. An 8-4 SEC team scored almost at will against his best ever team.

But he's coached bad programs in power conferences. That's a good record

Reactions: 3 people
LOL.

I see the VolNation "any coach that doesn't win 8 national championships at a middling program with lesser resources is terrible" crowd is back at it again. Reading VolNation, you'd think that there's pretty much no difference between coaching at Texas and coaching at Middle Tennessee State. If you don't win 5 national championships in the first 7 years at Ball State, you're just not a good coach!

Mike Leach's statement on SEC offenses is stupid and he should probably focus on his own team's problems some more. That said, saying his offense isn't very good is like saying 85 Bears didn't really play good defense. Wash State pretty regularly had 35+ point games this season. They hung 69 points on Arizona, 56 on Cal, and 42 on Stanford (which has a good defense!). Mike Leach's QBs dominate the the NCAA's all-time leading passers list. Leach typically puts up these numbers with 3 star recruits.

Don't think his offenses are the problem.

Reactions: 2 people
and the SEC has never been known for its offenses. Sounds like Leach is making up an argument.

Come to the SEC Leach and prove it. Not saying it won't work but there is only one way to find out.

Let's put it this way. How many times do you hear an SEC coach commenting this way about the PAC 12? Never.

I remember a friend telling me that his new Hyundai was just as good as a Mercedes. I said. "you'll never hear a Mercedes owner say his car is just as good as a Hyundai."

End of argument.

Reactions: 1 person
Wonder what the failure to appear is stemming from? Volnation could break this story but it's hidden in here

VN Store

Back