Multiple Oregon Football Players Hospitalized [S&C]

OneVolNation

All Vols All The Time
At least 3 Oregon football players remain hospitalized after off season workouts compared to military basic training implemented by new S&C Coach. Reports are one player was even diagnosed with rhabdomyolysis syndrome that is most commonly due to strenuous training and involves muscle tissue broken down and leaking into the bloodstream. Some experts say dehydration can be a cause.

Men, it's great to train hard, but stay hydrated!

For more:

College Football News Around the NCAA

Rhabdo is no joke. I got that during PJ pipeline about 10 years ago or so. Recovery can be quick and possible.

Reactions: 2 people
1 person going to the hospital during workouts would be one thing. 3 people going is just pure negligence, possibly borderline torture even.

1 person going to the hospital during workouts would be one thing. 3 people going is just pure negligence, possibly borderline torture even.

Eh I read that they were told they could quit at any time. I think you're jumping to conclusions there. Now if the players come out and say they were pressured or forced into it, that's a different story.

Eh I read that they were told they could quit at any time. I think you're jumping to conclusions there. Now if the players come out and say they were pressured or forced into it, that's a different story.

Eh, there's nothing about team workouts/practices that are "Voluntary".

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 people
If you think they could quit at anytime, you've never been a part of a college S&C program. That may be a statement the school puts out, but there is absolutely 0% chance they could quit at any time.

Reactions: 6 people
This team really got out of shape under Helfrich. They weren't competive all year.

The really interesting thing as a Duck is that we've had the same weight and conditioning coach for a couple decades. And under Helfrich conditioning got lax....

I just don't understand how a conditioning coach changes that much with a head coach change.

Many of the Duck players are saying these guys just weren't in good enough shape when drills started. They are in full support of the new conditioning coach.

Reactions: 1 person
The players were responsible for working out on their own during the christmas break so I'm sure they weren't training hard. Sounds like a huge wake up call for the players

The really interesting thing as a Duck is that we've had the same weight and conditioning coach for a couple decades. And under Helfrich conditioning got lax....

I just don't understand how a conditioning coach changes that much with a head coach change.

Many of the Duck players are saying these guys just weren't in good enough shape when drills started. They are in full support of the new conditioning coach.

Some head coaches require proof of how many hours are put in the weight room, like requiring an assistant or multiple teammates to sign off. Others allow the players to self report time spent. Under Dooley it was reported he left it up to the players to put in the time and some admitted that they had been slacking off.

Another reason may be one head coach allowing a conditioning coach to develop and follow their own regimen while another has his requirements that have to be met before the conditioning coach can add/remove anything.

Last edited:
Some head coaches require proof of how many hours are put in the weight room, like requiring an assistant or multiple teammates to sign off. Others allow the players to self report time spent. Under Dooley it was reported he left it up to the players to put in the time and some admitted that they had been slacking off.

Another reason may be one head coach allowing a conditioning coach to develop and follow their own regimen while another has his requirements that have to be met before the conditioning coach can add/remove anything.

It was reported that Butch let players skip workouts if they felt like it this past year.

Rhabdo is no joke. I got that during PJ pipeline about 10 years ago or so. Recovery can be quick and possible.
Too much protein in a lot of cases not enough other nutrients. Could be for weight loss, think Atkins diet but you cannot go with carbs altogether over long periods, yes rhabdo and kidney failure will occur.

Never heard that once all year but someone had to make this about Butch

it's true. Players were responsible for completing the daily workout without much supervision. Players skipped sets or particular workouts and it showed on the field this year

Reactions: 3 people
Too much protein in a lot of cases not enough other nutrients. Could be for weight loss, think Atkins diet but you cannot go with carbs altogether over long periods, yes rhabdo and kidney failure will occur.

Horses get the same thing even though not many are on the Adkins Diet. (E.R.)

Nobody has ever seen a Duck pull a Truck............at least not one with Rhabdomyolysis.

VN Store

Back