Interesting take on Alabama loss

Gary Danielson said the exact same thing on the Finebaum show. Gary said if Kiffin was still coaching, they would have slowed it down and Bama would have won.

Kiffin like VD....a gift that keeps on giving.

Reactions: 1 person
While it is an interesting take, I laugh how he refers to it has "his rules" when this is something all coaches know. His entire site is dedicated to selling his books which doesn't seem to have an orginial thought in it based on what he says in the articles.

Alabama lost because Clemson had the players and coaches to hang with them. No other reason IMO.

Gary Danielson said the exact same thing on the Finebaum show. Gary said if Kiffin was still coaching, they would have slowed it down and Bama would have won.

Kiffin like VD....a gift that keeps on giving.

That's Sabans fault 100%!!! You do not fire your OC the week of the NC game. It showed pure arrogance on Sabans part and they lost because of it

Reactions: 3 people
That's Sabans fault 100%!!! You do not fire your OC the week of the NC game. It showed pure arrogance on Sabans part and they lost because of it

I agree. All the sycophants in Bama land would never admit this. Any of the ones smart enough to admit it, refrain for fear of a stoning.

Satan got a little to cute. Ha ha.

What was Hurts supposed to do, not score? Under normal circumstances he would have been tackled making them run more plays.

Saban's mistake was not breaking Kiffin off after the SECCG. Lane quite clearly did not give a flying **** about finishing out his term. Going with Sark was the only option after the abortion that was the Peach Bowl. But Sark should have had a month to prepare instead of a week.

Saban's mistake was not breaking Kiffin off after the SECCG. Lane quite clearly did not give a flying **** about finishing out his term. Going with Sark was the only option after the abortion that was the Peach Bowl. But Sark should have had a month to prepare instead of a week.

Sark & I will certainly drink to that.

Reactions: 2 people
It just looked like an old fashioned a** whipping. It would not have mattered what Little Nicky did. Best team won.

Why blame Kiffin for not being able to stop anyone?
How many times did Clemson drive the length of the field and score? That's on Saban and the D. Clemson found a weakness and wore Bama out.

It didn't appear to me that offense was the problem. Giving up 35 was.

Why blame Kiffin for not being able to stop anyone?

I don't and haven't.

How many times did Clemson drive the length of the field and score? That's on Saban and the D. Clemson found a weakness and wore Bama out.

I agree. It would have been nice if the offense could have managed to stay on the field a little longer, even when they scored. But the secondary started blowing coverages pre-snap long before being tired was an excuse.

I don't and haven't.

I agree. It would have been nice if the offense could have managed to stay on the field a little longer, even when they scored. But the secondary started blowing coverages pre-snap long before being tired was an excuse.

Bo going down isn't a good excuse either IMO

It wasn't the problem, but it was a problem. There were multiple problems that resulted in Bama losing. The single most significant problem was that Clemson played better.

Your stock just went up. I've heard so many Bama meltdowns about the pick play not being called and more. Saying Clemson played better is nice to hear from a Bama faithful.

Also - my take - Clemson ran 99 plays, some kind of record. Bama may have blown some things before the fatigue, but the fatigue played into it towards the end. Maybe that's the formula. UT goes no huddle, but very rarely hurry up. New Vol OC, might help.

Bama was dominate because they were able to hide Hurts most of the time behind a good running game, a short passing game that got their play makers the ball without Hurts having to put the ball in harms way, and a defense that not only shut teams down but created points.

Clemson forced Hurts to be at least a decent QB to beat them and he wasn't able to do that. Couple that with Clemson being able to score points and wear down Bama on D and you have a situation Hurts couldn't over come.

Bama was dominate because they were able to hide Hurts most of the time behind a good running game, a short passing game that got their play makers the ball without Hurts having to put the ball in harms way, and a defense that not only shut teams down but created points.

Clemson forced Hurts to be at least a decent QB to beat them and he wasn't able to do that. Couple that with Clemson being able to score points and wear down Bama on D and you have a situation Hurts couldn't over come.

*Dominant*

not sure why people are saying bama got dominated. It was a back and forth game. Clemson was last one with the ball.

VN Store

Back