Alabama losing

Doesn't matter. They'll have another AA lined up to take their places. It would be nice if Bama was like everyone else and had rebuilding years, but they don't.

Reactions: 3 people
Doesn't matter. They'll have another AA lined up to take their places. It would be nice if Bama was like everyone else and had rebuilding years, but they don't.

Amazing that the "if you come to our school you can play immediately" argument that recruiters undoubtedly use doesn't seem to impact Alabama's depth at all. You know every recruit who is considering Alabama hears that argument.

They find plenty of 4 and 5 star guys that are seemingly OK with redshirting a year and playing sparingly in their redshirt freshman year before seeing the field full-time.

Reactions: 1 person
They find plenty of 4 and 5 star guys that are seemingly OK with redshirting a year and playing sparingly in their redshirt freshman year before seeing the field full-time.

There is something to be said for working your way in and playing only when you're ready. Saban has always let guys compete. He's not afraid to start the underclassman if he beats out the older guy.

It's a smart decision. Learn the system, build your body.
Shine for one or two seasons. Leave with a ring and the trophy.

Who can argue with that? Sucks for us

Success breeds success. When players stop buying in to what Saban is selling, it'll stop. That's not happening any time soon. It's up to the rest of the college football world to catch up to them.

There is something to be said for working your way in and playing only when you're ready. Saban has always let guys compete. He's not afraid to start the underclassman if he beats out the older guy.

Totally agree with all of that but you know how some of these big time recruits can be attitude-wise. They are supremely talented (or think they are) and not particularly interested in a position battle. I guess I'm saying that it is surprising that so many 17-year-old kids make a smart decision :)

Amazing that the "if you come to our school you can play immediately" argument that recruiters undoubtedly use doesn't seem to impact Alabama's depth at all. You know every recruit who is considering Alabama hears that argument.

Pretty simple, Alabama is a proven NFL factory. It doesnt matter if you actually pan out or not. If you go to and play for Alabama, you will get a shot in the NFL.

I see this being the season like they had the year Auburn and Cam Newton won it all in 2010. Bama be about 10-2 or 9-3.

It's a smart decision. Learn the system, build your body.
Shine for one or two seasons. Leave with a ring and the trophy.

Who can argue with that? Sucks for us

Exactly...with a lot left in the tank for the NFL (at least on paper).

Kids these days just like being another spoke in the wheel. (Can you blame them though? It's a good path to the NFL unfortunately. )

If I was a high profile prospect I'd go to Alabama and sit for a couple of years, get a national championship ring and only play one to two years and go to the NFL. Not as much wear and tear on your body by doing that. On the flip side of that I guess it depends on the prospect, if I was good enough and wanted to go somewhere and contribute right away or help build a program I wouldn't go to Alabama.

Success breeds success. When players stop buying in to what Saban is selling, it'll stop. That's not happening any time soon. It's up to the rest of the college football world to catch up to them.

And, when boosters start running out of money.👌

There is a mystique about Alabama's perpetual success. Recruiting is great, but, you have to develop those guys even if they aren't getting game reps. I always get the feeling that Tennessee only practices the guys that will be playing the next game. Of course, that doesn't make sense because there should be enough "practice bandwidth" for every player to show up and run drills and recieve coaching, right? That is assuming that practice is mandatory if schoolwork allows it. (?)

Some kids are okay with waiting if they are fairly certain they will be playing for championships.

Alabama recruits don't go there to win championships for Alabama. They do it to improve their own draft stock. Period.

Reactions: 3 people

Another side to this story - there are a lot of 4* and even 5* that put their eggs in the Saban basket and never play, because that other 5* got the time. Players that could start, and play 4 years at other schools. NFL dreams dashed because of that. You never hear about these guys unless they wake up and transfer.

Even happens here. Nathan Peterman is a good example - he had a pretty good college career, but wouldn't have played. Dormady may end up falling into this category.

Another side to this story - there are a lot of 4* and even 5* that put their eggs in the Saban basket and never play, because that other 5* got the time. Players that could start, and play 4 years at other schools. NFL dreams dashed because of that. You never hear about these guys unless they wake up and transfer.

Even happens here. Nathan Peterman is a good example - he had a pretty good college career, but wouldn't have played. Dormady may end up falling into this category.

Peterman went to play against competition more suited to his talent level, Indiana, Purdue etc. Dormady won't have that luxury.

VN Store

Back