The world hates Bubba

OK...And at what point should we care? Somebody hand me a tissue.

This happens with any dynasty, really. Same reason people hate the Yankees and Cowboys. It's funny to see people really rooting against the GS Warriors when only two seasons ago, everyone loved them. It's an interesting study.

Article pretty much nails it, at least from my perspective. You watch Saban on the sideline, talking to the media, even his players, etc...and they are all just somewhat robotic and emotionless to a certain extent. It's a business (in a few different ways) to Saban. He does his job, wins, and moves on. Doesn't connect with fans at all outside the Bammers. Even if I don't buy into the whole Dabo praising God deal, I enjoy cheering for someone who shows a bit of emotion/passion/character.

People also just love cheering against powerhouses. Lebron. Golden State now. Patriots. It cycles.

Reactions: 1 person
Article pretty much nails it, at least from my perspective. You watch Saban on the sideline, talking to the media, even his players, etc...and they are all just somewhat robotic and emotionless to a certain extent. It's a business (in a few different ways) to Saban. He does his job, wins, and moves on. Doesn't connect with fans at all outside the Bammers. Even if I don't buy into the whole Dabo praising God deal, I enjoy cheering for someone who shows a bit of emotion/passion/character.

People also just love cheering against powerhouses. Lebron. Golden State now. Patriots. It cycles.

Yea people cheer against a powerhouse but Bubba under the lowlife Saban make hating them easier. I wish Saban would know that no matter how much he wins he will never be loved like Bryant was. Saban has 0 charm. Kinda like a snake, (kinda looks like one too).

I don’t hate Bubba. I just wish he hit the first ball off the tee instead of the second one.

It's true, all of it.

Nick Saban is a personality-less douche. He thinks he's king shlt and talks down to everyone like he answers to no one. His players have no personality or show no personality when the cameras are on because Saban beats it out of them. When you're so used to winning a NC that you just stand up there, throw your hands up in the air with nothing more than a smile on your face you've lost touch of reality, literally. I think Alabama suffers from "We're so used to winning that it's not even fun anymore syndrome". This program needs to topple over just to put life back into it.

I wish people hated us because we have 5 NC in the last 10 years

This.

Plus we'd be laughing at all the people rejoicing in us losing. I remember when we used to make fun of Vandy for living vicariously through other teams because they couldn't beat us.

This happens with any dynasty, really. Same reason people hate the Yankees and Cowboys. It's funny to see people really rooting against the GS Warriors when only two seasons ago, everyone loved them. It's an interesting study.

Yep. 20 years ago I absolutely hated the 49ers. Now I just feel sorry for them

Belichick is exactly like Saban personality-wise, although I think behind closed doors he is more personable and shows more emotion. I bet Saban is like that too - do you really think his persona in front of a camera or behind a mic appeals to 17-year-olds he's trying to recruit?

LeBron isn't exactly emotionless but the guy is extremely scripted. He's a pretty unlikable guy IMO - takes himself way too seriously and is very sensitive.

Saban is Lucifer's Vessel. The Indwelling got him the Bama gig. You know the tale. He will reap no satisfaction from the glory and the gold. His eternity is the lake of fire.

VN Store

Back