Can Alabama claim last night as their 37th National Championship?

PeaceCorpsVol

Hear me out, they both now have the same record. That means IF they played one more time that Bama would probably win which would be giving them yet another championship.

I will ask my bama friends...

Reactions: 2 people
Hear me out, they both now have the same record. That means IF they played one more time that Bama would probably win which would be giving them yet another championship.

I will ask my bama friends...

Don't know about that, but I'm sure Bammers will try and claim this national title once Dabo is their coach in 2 years.

Well, they did finish 1st in about every single poll at the conclusion of the regular season. Isn't that how many national championships were claimed by many teams in the past? Going by polls before the bowls even played out?

I know some of the so called 6 national championships UT claims they won were because some obscure poll had them ranked #1 at the end of the regular season (not the AP or even UPI poll mind you). Ignore the fact they went on to lose the bowl. 1967 comes to mind.

And no, I don't really buy into that those 6 claimed national championships claimed by UT were all legitimate.

Unfortunately, a 7-5 regular season record and a season ending bowl win against a 2nd tier B10 team will give him another year.

Not if we get the AD hire right.

Wait, we aren't going to get the AD hire right, are we?

:banghead2:

Reactions: 1 person
Well, they did finish 1st in about every single poll at the conclusion of the regular season. Isn't that how many national championships were claimed by many teams in the past? Going by polls before the bowls even played out?

I know some of the so called 6 national championships UT claims they won were because some obscure poll had them ranked #1 at the end of the regular season (not the AP or even UPI poll mind you). Ignore the fact they went on to lose the bowl. 1967 comes to mind.

And no, I don't really buy into that those 6 claimed national championships claimed by UT were all legitimate.

UT claiming the '67 title is a relatively new thing. USC won the AP title that year and is universally seen as the national champs...with, of course, some UT fans claim the title.

VN Store

Back