Kiffin just pissed off all of Alabama

volberry

No matter what you say him not being there did make a difference. Saban would never have forced him out if there wasn't some wild disrespect!! That team wasn't the same!!

Reactions: 2 people
Alabama did just fine without overrated Kiffin. It's more about Alabama's talent than play calling in my opinion.

No matter what you say him not being there did make a difference. Saban would never have forced him out if there wasn't some wild disrespect!! That team wasn't the same!!

Kiffin wasn't the problem until now? BS. Play calling was better tonight, they just have a QB that couldn't hit the broad side of a snow covered barn throwing the ball.

Reactions: 12 people
Alabama did just fine without overrated Kiffin. It's more about Alabama's talent than play calling in my opinion.

Definitely don't think talent was the issue. Losing Bo hurt and Hurts can't throw it downfield well. Bama couldn't eat the clock like they wanted or put the nail in the coffin when they had a 10 point lead.

Reactions: 3 people
The alaBummer QB is a true freshman, he's great but the true freshman in him came out tonight.

He'll leave early for the NFL with his talent but we still have to face him for 2 more years.

Our D will really have to get after him and rattle his cage a lot to Win against them.

Great game !

VFL...GBO!!!

Reactions: 4 people
Definitely don't think talent was the issue. Losing Bo hurt and Hurts can't throw it downfield well. Bama couldn't eat the clock like they wanted or put the nail in the coffin when they had a 10 point lead.

For the first time all season Bama had the pressure on them at the end of the game and they didn't seem to like the pressure.

The alaBummer QB is a true freshman, he's great but the true freshman in him came out tonight.

He'll leave early for the NFL with his talent but we still have to face him for 2 more years.

Our D will really have to get after him and rattle his cage a lot to Win against them.

Great game !

VFL...GBO!!!

The 2015 UT-Bama game proved to me that we are close to breaking through. It would just be so wonderful to walk into Bama's house and knock them out.

I was just referring to when Alabama wins or performs well its more about their talent than Kiffin's play calling.

I disagree. When Clemson took their first lead, they responded. But, it was too quickly.

Right. I don't disagree with what you're saying but you have to admit towards the end you seen uncharacteristic mistakes outta that defense. Fatigue, maybe? Clemson ran 89 plays on them.

All season I have seen Alabama destroy inferior opponents, including Tennessee. They have looked like a different talent on the field and on a level that nobody else could reach for years. Lately it has seemed that nobody could field a team that could compete with Alabama for 60 minutes. Tonight I truly saw them meet a superior team in Clemson. While Alabama took the first half, Clemson controlled Alabama the entire second half. Alabama's defense could not stop Clemson's offense, and Clemson's defense suffocated Alabama's offense. It was a great game.

Reactions: 5 people
All season I have seen Alabama destroy inferior opponents, including Tennessee. They have looked like a different talent on the field and on a level that nobody else could reach for years. Lately it has seemed that nobody could field a team that could compete with Alabama for 60 minutes. Tonight I truly saw them meet a superior team in Clemson. While Alabama took the first half, Clemson controlled Alabama the entire second half. Alabama's defense could not stop Clemson's offense, and Clemson's defense suffocated Alabama's offense. It was a great game.

They made Hurts beat them throwing and he couldn't quite do it.

Right. I don't disagree with what you're saying but you have to admit towards the end you seen uncharacteristic mistakes outta that defense. Fatigue, maybe? Clemson ran 89 plays on them.

That is very true. I can't remember the last time I saw the Bama defense lose them a game on the final drive. I guess it'd be 2011 LSU.

Reactions: 1 person
That is very true. I can't remember the last time I saw the Bama defense lose them a game on the final drive. I guess it'd be 2011 LSU.

It's been a hot minute for sure and I'd say you're right. You also seen some miscommunication on offense at times. Howard snagged a screen pass meant for the RB, if that makes it to the RB that boy is still running.

They made Hurts beat them throwing and he couldn't quite do it.

Yup. I'm glad Alabama lost, but dang Clemson was already stealing our recruits and now they have played in the last two NCs and won one. Plus they have won 10+ games each of the last 6 seasons. We have got to start seeing some on-field success at Tennessee. I am tired of waiting. It's our time!

Yup. I'm glad Alabama lost, but dang Clemson was already stealing our recruits and now they have played in the last two NCs and won one. Plus they have won 10+ games each of the last 6 seasons. We have got to start seeing some on-field success at Tennessee. I am tired of waiting. It's our time!

I'm in the minority but I think we are close. Solely my opinion but I do. We are close to breaking through IMO.

Reactions: 3 people

Amen to that. Need to win at all costs next season. We still have plenty of talent for now, but I don't like where recruiting is heading. Winning 10 games would just be so huge for the program. Then we can start to defend our state and show recruits that we can get results. This year though, we're finally gonna have players drafted, so that is something we'll finally be able to sell to recruits moving forward from a results based perspective.

Last edited:
I'm in the minority but I think we are close. Solely my opinion but I do. We are close to breaking through IMO.

I'm not far behind you. But the coaching staff still does a few things that make me wonder if they can take that next step, but these coaching changes could be make or break for Butch. We have a chance to upgrade the coaching staff and truly make it one of the best in the country. I hope Butch takes it. Tennessee deserves the best coaches in the game. Plus even though we had a disappointing season, I am glad we beat Nebraska and finished 9-4. I think you can still sell that to recruits and tell them that we are just a few players like you and plays from being 10-2/11-1 and competing for titles.

Regardless, we have got to see the defense be more competitive and the offense has to be more consistent next season. The defense needs to be dominate and simply shut teams down. We have to stop being gashed over and over and over for big plays and always out of place. The defense has to be fundamentally sound. We have to stop giving up school records and career bests. We need QD or JG, whoever ends up starting, to be a star and really carry this team early on. We need to build a new identity and create momentum to carry throughout the season. It's going to be exciting, but we need a lot of young guys to step up next season.

Last edited:

Had Bo Scarbrough not gone down, it would not have been a contest. But he did. And Bama wasn't the same without him. I just hope nobody in the NFC North drafts Watson.

Had Bo Scarbrough not gone down, it would not have been a contest. But he did. And Bama wasn't the same without him. I just hope nobody in the NFC North drafts Watson.

Agreed. I was shocked to see how flat Harris was running the ball, but I give credit to Clemson's defense too.

I just hope the Titans pick up Mike Williams lol.

VN Store

Back