Kiffin just pissed off all of Alabama Kiffin just pissed off all of Alabama  
3968 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Kiffin just pissed off all of Alabama Page 2. within the forum Around the NCAA. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Old 01-10-2017, 02:06 AM   #16
NeverWe'llSever

Kiffin just pissed off all of Alabama Kiffin just pissed off all of Alabama Kiffin just pissed off all of Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vol$_Deep_11_9 View Post
Right. I don't disagree with what you're saying but you have to admit towards the end you seen uncharacteristic mistakes outta that defense. Fatigue, maybe? Clemson ran 89 plays on them.
That is very true. I can't remember the last time I saw the Bama defense lose them a game on the final drive. I guess it'd be 2011 LSU.
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-10-2017, 02:09 AM   #17
Vol$_Deep_11_9

Kiffin just pissed off all of Alabama Kiffin just pissed off all of Alabama Kiffin just pissed off all of Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverWe'llSever View Post
That is very true. I can't remember the last time I saw the Bama defense lose them a game on the final drive. I guess it'd be 2011 LSU.
It's been a hot minute for sure and I'd say you're right. You also seen some miscommunication on offense at times. Howard snagged a screen pass meant for the RB, if that makes it to the RB that boy is still running.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-10-2017, 02:14 AM   #18
Orange&White

Kiffin just pissed off all of Alabama Kiffin just pissed off all of Alabama Kiffin just pissed off all of Alabama Kiffin just pissed off all of Alabama Kiffin just pissed off all of Alabama Kiffin just pissed off all of Alabama Kiffin just pissed off all of Alabama Kiffin just pissed off all of Alabama
Quote:
They made Hurts beat them throwing and he couldn't quite do it.
Yup. I'm glad Alabama lost, but dang Clemson was already stealing our recruits and now they have played in the last two NCs and won one. Plus they have won 10+ games each of the last 6 seasons. We have got to start seeing some on-field success at Tennessee. I am tired of waiting. It's our time!
VN Likes: 2
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-10-2017, 02:17 AM   #19
Vol$_Deep_11_9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange&White View Post
Yup. I'm glad Alabama lost, but dang Clemson was already stealing our recruits and now they have played in the last two NCs and won one. Plus they have won 10+ games each of the last 6 seasons. We have got to start seeing some on-field success at Tennessee. I am tired of waiting. It's our time!
I'm in the minority but I think we are close. Solely my opinion but I do. We are close to breaking through IMO.
VN Likes: 3
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-10-2017, 02:21 AM   #20
NeverWe'llSever

Quote:
Amen to that. Need to win at all costs next season. We still have plenty of talent for now, but I don't like where recruiting is heading. Winning 10 games would just be so huge for the program. Then we can start to defend our state and show recruits that we can get results. This year though, we're finally gonna have players drafted, so that is something we'll finally be able to sell to recruits moving forward from a results based perspective.

Last edited by NeverWe'llSever; 01-10-2017 at 02:34 AM..
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-10-2017, 02:23 AM   #21
NeverWe'llSever

Quote:
I'm in the minority but I think we are close. Solely my opinion but I do. We are close to breaking through IMO.
I do, too, and it's mostly on the O-line imo.
VN Likes: 2
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-10-2017, 02:24 AM   #22
Orange&White

Kiffin just pissed off all of Alabama Kiffin just pissed off all of Alabama Kiffin just pissed off all of Alabama Kiffin just pissed off all of Alabama Kiffin just pissed off all of Alabama Kiffin just pissed off all of Alabama Kiffin just pissed off all of Alabama Kiffin just pissed off all of Alabama
Quote:
I'm not far behind you. But the coaching staff still does a few things that make me wonder if they can take that next step, but these coaching changes could be make or break for Butch. We have a chance to upgrade the coaching staff and truly make it one of the best in the country. I hope Butch takes it. Tennessee deserves the best coaches in the game. Plus even though we had a disappointing season, I am glad we beat Nebraska and finished 9-4. I think you can still sell that to recruits and tell them that we are just a few players like you and plays from being 10-2/11-1 and competing for titles.

Regardless, we have got to see the defense be more competitive and the offense has to be more consistent next season. The defense needs to be dominate and simply shut teams down. We have to stop being gashed over and over and over for big plays and always out of place. The defense has to be fundamentally sound. We have to stop giving up school records and career bests. We need QD or JG, whoever ends up starting, to be a star and really carry this team early on. We need to build a new identity and create momentum to carry throughout the season. It's going to be exciting, but we need a lot of young guys to step up next season.

Last edited by Orange&White; 01-10-2017 at 02:28 AM..
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-10-2017, 02:28 AM   #23
TNnative
Distributor of Sarcasm

Kiffin just pissed off all of Alabama Kiffin just pissed off all of Alabama Kiffin just pissed off all of Alabama Kiffin just pissed off all of Alabama
Quote:
All season I have seen Alabama destroy inferior opponents, including Tennessee. They have looked like a different talent on the field and on a level that nobody else could reach for years. Lately it has seemed that nobody could field a team that could compete with Alabama for 60 minutes. Tonight I truly saw them meet a superior team in Clemson. While Alabama took the first half, Clemson controlled Alabama the entire second half. Alabama's defense could not stop Clemson's offense, and Clemson's defense suffocated Alabama's offense. It was a great game.
Had Bo Scarbrough not gone down, it would not have been a contest. But he did. And Bama wasn't the same without him. I just hope nobody in the NFC North drafts Watson.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-10-2017, 02:30 AM   #24
Orange&White

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNnative View Post
Had Bo Scarbrough not gone down, it would not have been a contest. But he did. And Bama wasn't the same without him. I just hope nobody in the NFC North drafts Watson.
Agreed. I was shocked to see how flat Harris was running the ball, but I give credit to Clemson's defense too.

I just hope the Titans pick up Mike Williams lol.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-10-2017, 02:32 AM   #25
Dudleys87
02Honda

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnhunt View Post
Kiffin screwing Bama over cost them a game. It cost UT 7 years. No sympathy here.
Everybody on VN should hit like
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-10-2017, 02:33 AM   #26
Dudleys87
02Honda

There's a lot to be said about clemsons O line tonight
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-10-2017, 02:33 AM   #27
NeverWe'llSever

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNnative View Post
Hope the Giants at least consider it. But O-line is also our main issue.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-10-2017, 02:53 AM   #28
powerTvol

Sec

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnhunt View Post
Kiffin screwing Bama over cost them a game. It cost UT 7 years. No sympathy here.
Hate Kiffin
Hate bamma
Love that they are no longer together
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-10-2017, 04:54 AM   #29
Volunteer forever
A modern day Warrior

Kiffin just pissed off all of Alabama Kiffin just pissed off all of Alabama Kiffin just pissed off all of Alabama Kiffin just pissed off all of Alabama Kiffin just pissed off all of Alabama
And the Kiffin curse continues.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-10-2017, 05:08 AM   #30
golf437

Kiffin just pissed off all of Alabama Kiffin just pissed off all of Alabama Kiffin just pissed off all of Alabama Kiffin just pissed off all of Alabama Kiffin just pissed off all of Alabama Kiffin just pissed off all of Alabama Kiffin just pissed off all of Alabama Kiffin just pissed off all of Alabama Kiffin just pissed off all of Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerTvol View Post
Agree but it's still nice to bash Kidding every chance you can
Also called petty jealousy.
Reply With Quote TOP