Watson admits "pick" on final play

jonnon111

What you see is what you get.
In his on the field interview Watson said "we needed a good pick from . . . .and we got it"

I know picks are already outlawed, but do you think because it cost Bama do you foresee a rule change to focus on this play on the goal line?

Full disclosure: We, and I'm sure everybody else, run this same play on the goal line.

Everybody does it. Glad it happened to Bammer. I call it even after all the Bama PI calls they got away with along with the 3 or 4 free time outs they got from the refs every time Clemson caught a pass.

Say what you want but that was a legal play. There is an art to doing it and it was great. Bring on the Bama babies crying that it was a penalty.

Reactions: 7 people
If bama's defense is so damn great, then why did they let Clemson get close enough to win the game on a pick?

Reactions: 1 person
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha....*inhales*hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Reactions: 5 people
Say what you want but that was a legal play. There is an art to doing it and it was great. Bring on the Bama babies crying that it was a penalty.

I hope it makes Bama fans cry. They get every call in every SEC game and most early in this game, but I'm simply asking will Saban crying get a rule adjustment? It caused the bowl game dead period in recruiting.

It was gonna be a TD even without the pick, because Bama was playing man defense on that side, and Watson could've just jogged in the end zone anyway. Legal or not, it doesn't matter now. And I couldn't be happier about it!

It was gonna be a TD even without the pick, because Bama was playing man defense on that side, and Watson could've just jogged in the end zone anyway. Legal or not, it doesn't matter now. And I couldn't be happier about it!

I think you might be right about that. They had a good play on.

Saban will pi$$ and moan all off season and something will be done about it. But if there was any team I'd wanna see lose in the last 10 seconds, it's the team that last tonight. It was a hard hitting, hard fought game though.

It was a pick. It should have been called. It was ridiculously bad.

As were the total of about 3 targeting calls, 4 or 5 PI penalties, another pick play TD, etc, etc, etc.

And these calls went both ways. I think Clemson was on the wrong side of most of them.

Too many things that you just can't let go even if you are "letting them play"

Reactions: 2 people
Pointing to the two pick plays as if they were the difference is like getting 100 paper cuts and then claiming that only two of them hurt.

Those plays might have made a difference but they were not the difference. The difference was that Clemson played better football.

Reactions: 3 people
Wonder if Bama will admit to holding the **** out of Clemson receivers all night? Or the 2 targeting calls that were clearly missed? Cry bammer cry

Wonder if Bama will admit to holding the **** out of Clemson receivers all night? Or the 2 targeting calls that were clearly missed? Cry bammer cry

I think it all evened out in the end. They've got to get those helmet to helmet kill shots out of the game though.

Reactions: 1 person
Hitting players in the head is as well, yet Foster and Brown played the entire game. The knew Watson and Evans were the biggest threats and took cheap shots early.

Don't matter now, Bama lost:):dance2:

VN Store

Back