Iowa OC Greg Davis Retires

VOLatile

BRB Pooping
Iowa is now looking for a new OC, but Kirk Ferentz's son is the current OL coach and seems to be the leading contender. Davis was considered to be Iowa's Achilles heel.

Iowa is now looking for a new OC, but Kirk Ferentz's son is the current OL coach and seems to be the leading contender. Davis was considered to be Iowa's Achilles heel.

I now live out here in Iowa. They said on the radio his last 4 bowl games coached they scored a combined total in 10 points in the first half of all those games. The general consensus is that the OC isn't the problem, the guy before him did horrible as well apparently, but it's Ferentz. He needs to go soon.

I now live out here in Iowa. They said on the radio his last 4 bowl games coached they scored a combined total in 10 points in the first half of all those games. The general consensus is that the OC isn't the problem, the guy before him did horrible as well apparently, but it's Ferentz. He needs to go soon.

They were outscored in the last 3 bowl games 120-47 and the majority of those points came against us in garbage time of the Taxslayer Bowl.

Got an extension along with a massive buyout after the 2015 season if I remember correctly. Think he was on the hot seat entering that year too.

It was at the beginning of this season. Two weeks before they lost to NDSU. Extra $475k/yr.

I miss Greg Davis' days at Texas. You could always count on him calling a two yard out pattern on 3rd and 8. He was one of the few OCs that could make Phil Bennett look like a competent DC...the game passed both of them by.

Shaggybevo called him GDGD. The second GG stood for Greg Davis. Take a guess what the first damn stood for.

VN Store

Back