Here's a disheartening Alabama stat for you...

Brave Volunteer

They said today on the radio that Alabama's record right now would be 6-8 if they had not scored a single offensive touchdown all season. "Sigh" sometimes it's just not even fair!

Reactions: 3 people
They said today on the radio that Alabama's record right now would be 6-8 if they had not scored a single offensive touchdown all season. "Sigh" sometimes it's just not even fair!

The magic formula for a defense, especially in today's game, is being able to pressure the QB without having to blitz.

They've done that consistently this year and it is arguably the best defense Saban's ever had while at Alabama.

Yep, latest mock drafts have them with 4 defensive players (Allen, Foster, Williams, Humphrey) in the top 15 picks. Plus Cam Robinson at OL. Unbelievable for 1 school. Whereas we just have Barnett.

I know that college football is cyclical but they are a damn well-oiled machine and have been for years. I miss Mike Price and Mike Shula.

For you Bama fans on the board, ask me who those people are and I'll let you know.

Yep, latest mock drafts have them with 4 defensive players (Allen, Foster, Williams, Humphrey) in the top 15 picks. Plus Cam Robinson at OL. Unbelievable for 1 school. Whereas we just have Barnett.

The thing that surprises me most about Alabama and their recruiting is that they seemingly are not hurt at all by the effect of some top recruits wanting to go elsewhere with the chance to play as true freshmen. Not all, but a lot of these top recruits are primadonnas who not interested at all in getting involved in a position battle or waiting for playing time.

You'd think that would eventually start to at least hurt their depth...they win title after title and have consistent, deep rosters loaded with upperclassmen who everybody knows are going to be the starters for at least a year or two.

The thing that surprises me most about Alabama and their recruiting is that they seemingly are not hurt at all by the effect of some top recruits wanting to go elsewhere with the chance to play as true freshmen. Not all, but a lot of these top recruits are primadonnas who not interested at all in getting involved in a position battle or waiting for playing time.

You'd think that would eventually start to at least hurt their depth...they win title after title and have consistent, deep rosters loaded with upperclassmen who everybody knows are going to be the starters for at least a year or two.

Here's another stat I heard. Of the 4 playoff teams, Alabama has 16 5* players on the roster. Clemson and Ohio State has like 6 combined! I don't think Washington has any.

I recall before the season started it was said Saban "could" start an entire defensive squad of 5* if he wanted to.

Dont know how factual that is, but I know this they are looooaaaddddddeeedddd

Defense wins championships

That's why Alabama has won so many championships during their history. Even when bama was down they usually had a better than average D. They've always been committed to defense regardless of who coached them.
While Tennessee was Wide Receiver U and exciting to watch going 7 maybe 8 wins a year, the Bear was winning NC's with D. When UT looked like the SEC team to beat in the early 90's, low and behold Bama wins another NC with a super D and running the ball while Tide fans cried about a simple offense.
Back when Neyland made Tennessee a football power to be noticed, it was because of defense. By the way, UT is the last team to go through a regular season without letting the other team score a point.
When UT puts Defense number 1 no matter how much crying about an average offense, that's when we'll be in the running for championships.

Who cares how you win as long as you win
Offensive or defensive points are points .

Who cares how you win as long as you win
Offensive or defensive points are points .

reddit-thats-not-how-this-works.jpg

They will lose Monday, which is the only game they care about. So it is fine.

Hurts is so average.

Hurts is so average.

Unfortunately that's all they need out of their QB. I can't even tell you who their QB was last year or the year before. McCarron is only remembered because of girlfriend and Brent Musburger.

Unfortunately that's all they need out of their QB. I can't even tell you who their QB was last year or the year before. McCarron is only remembered because of girlfriend and Brent Musburger.

Average is all they need. I do not believe average will cut it against the Clemson D though.

Just tired of the national media slobbering over Hurts. His throws when he is under pressure are awful.

Average is all they need. I do not believe average will cut it against the Clemson D though.

Just tired of the national media slobbering over Hurts. His throws when he is under pressure are awful.

Agree. But this is where Sark will attempt to mitigate the pressure...hide the flaw.

Agree. But this is where Sark will attempt to mitigate the pressure...hide the flaw.

Bama has hidden it all year with typical great running game and defense.

If Clemson can get ahead, Bama is screwed.

UW played it correctly. Rush 4 and play zone. It was the right game plan. UW just did not have the offense.

Hurts is so average.

He's actually a terrible passer, but it doesn't matter. They have RBs, Hurts is a good runner himself, and their front seven is amazing. They can get good pressure on the QB without having to blitz. Saban has never had a QB there that was much better than average. That position is not critical to his scheme and philosophy, which is amazing considering how important the position is especially in today's version of the game.

Hurts will get better as a passer and probably win a Heisman either next year or 2018.

That's why Alabama has won so many championships during their history. Even when bama was down they usually had a better than average D. They've always been committed to defense regardless of who coached them.
While Tennessee was Wide Receiver U and exciting to watch going 7 maybe 8 wins a year, the Bear was winning NC's with D. When UT looked like the SEC team to beat in the early 90's, low and behold Bama wins another NC with a super D and running the ball while Tide fans cried about a simple offense.
Back when Neyland made Tennessee a football power to be noticed, it was because of defense. By the way, UT is the last team to go through a regular season without letting the other team score a point.
When UT puts Defense number 1 no matter how much crying about an average offense, that's when we'll be in the running for championships.

:clapping:. It's only football and people thy to complicate it. Great defense, strong running game and a solid kicking game wins championships.

You can wear glitzy unis and sling the ball all over the field with these skinny wide outs and QB's. Once you face a team that smacks you in the mouth,controls the clock and punts the ball inside the 12 yard line you will get beat the majority of the time.

VN Store

Back