Minnesota Coaching Rumors...

Volunteer_Kirby

Its not what you think...
There have been rumors about Fleck interviewing for the job. Now there is a rumor about Les Miles being in the Twin Cities having talks with Minnesota.

Grab yer popcorn...

There have been rumors about Fleck interviewing for the job. Now there is a rumor about Les Miles being in the Twin Cities having talks with Minnesota.

Grab yer popcorn...

No rumor..he was there according to several sources

Michael Kim ‏@MichaelKim120 2h
2 hours ago

Former LSU football coach Les Miles flew to Twin Cities Wed. and is meeting with Univ. of Minnesota officials, sources tell @120Sports.

Rumor has it he saved some bayou grass to start the seeding process at his next job.

Rumor is that there must be a section in the contract requiring a small patch of natural grass to be planted on the home side of the field for Les's personal use. A game time grazing area as it were.

Reactions: 1 person
The Real NCAA football talk page on Facebook is saying PJ Fleck will be introduced as HC tomorrow. No clue if that actually means anything.

Bad choice for both. Too much money spent by the Gophers and Fleck will probably want out soon.

row, row, row your boat. bawahahaha

I feel weird posting in an Minnesota thread but they hired a really good coach imo.

Poor Les, left out in the cold again. Good news is we can hire him when Butch is fired after we lose to KY this fall.

Anybody else think Minnesota is really punching above their weight here? I don't think that is a particularly attractive job at all and they just landed a pretty good coach.

Anybody else think Minnesota is really punching above their weight here? I don't think that is a particularly attractive job at all and they just landed a pretty good coach.

It's not a great job ATM. But I think it's has potential. It's in the weak side of the conference. I don't think it's a stretch to get that program to be top of the division.

Reactions: 1 person
That could be a program to keep an eye on over the next few years. Fleck is a good coach and if I remember correctly, they have great new facilities. They may start to pull some talent.

It's not a great job ATM. But I think it's has potential. It's in the weak side of the conference. I don't think it's a stretch to get that program to be top of the division.

Their division is weaker, but they'll always be behind Wisconsin, Nebraska, and Iowa, IMO.

Their division is weaker, but they'll always be behind Wisconsin, Nebraska, and Iowa, IMO.

I think Nebraska is the clear top program in that division (in terms of prestige, facilities, fan support, etc) but Minnesota could be every bit as good as Wisconsin and Iowa. Haven't they won something like 6 National titles (I'm sure those are from 30s or 40s or so, but still)?

I think Nebraska is the clear top program in that division (in terms of prestige, facilities, fan support, etc) but Minnesota could be every bit as good as Wisconsin and Iowa. Haven't they won something like 6 National titles (I'm sure those are from 30s or 40s or so, but still)?

They have finished #1 in the AP Poll 4 times in their history ('36, '40, '41, and '60).

VN Store

Back