Bobby Bowden dropping knowledge

If it's the interview I heard, he made some good points about coaching young men who'd be raised in a fatherless household. Interesting look into one of the complexities of coaching. Not sure all his methods would be allowed today since some people are afraid of church.

Reactions: 5 people
How many would actually disagree that they need a "male figure"? There are some women who can fill that role, sure, but I have a lot of friends, both male and female that have issues stemming from not having that figure growing up. He stated he was joking about the earring part, no reason to get excited about it

Reactions: 2 people
How many would actually disagree that they need a "male figure"? There are some women who can fill that role, sure, but I have a lot of friends, both male and female that have issues stemming from not having that figure growing up. He stated he was joking about the earring part, no reason to get excited about it

More than you would think, I guess. Check out Bomani Jones' (SJW extraordinaire) Twitter page today. He's not saying that having a dad around is irrelevant, but he is talking about the "intrinsic overrating of fatherhood in this discussion" and implying that having a mom and a dad in the home is good not necessarily because you have both a male and female figure in the child's life, but simply because it means 2 paychecks.

Reactions: 1 person
More than you would think, I guess. Check out Bomani Jones' (SJW extraordinaire) Twitter page today. He's not saying that having a dad around is irrelevant, but he is talking about the "intrinsic overrating of fatherhood in this discussion" and implying that having a mom and a dad in the home is good not necessarily because you have both a male and female figure in the child's life, but simply because it means 2 paychecks.

I was asking VN. Bonami is another Stephen A/Skip Bayless/Cowherd type says that says ridiculous things to get a reaction and ratings imo.

earrings? oh...I thought they wear the same tattoos their moms wear....

Bowden was losing it even when still coaching. We used to watch him on the weekly show and every time they showed a replay and he was supposed to comment, he couldn't remember anyone's name, so he would just say something like "That's a good block there by old number 87," or something similar.

When he could remember the name, he seemed more interested in talking about his momma's cooking than the player. Would go on and on about the Southern meal she prepared him when he came out to the house in Belle Glade.

There are fathers and mothers out there who aren't actually any earthly good at being either.

Bobby Bowden didn't seem to mind the no father thing when he was sleeping in a recruits' house, in effort to sign him.

It's an obvious advantage with both parents in the house, but what he said isn't without merit.

There are fathers and mothers out there who aren't actually any earthly good at being either.

Bobby Bowden didn't seem to mind the no father thing when he was sleeping in a recruits' house, in effort to sign him.

It's an obvious advantage with both parents in the house, but what he said isn't without merit.

I think it is implied when you say "there should be a father in the house" that you are talking about a father that cares and is engaged in their kid's life, not just a dad that happens to be present in the dwelling but does nothing else.

He's getting cute with the exact phrase that is being used, then deeming the simple presence of a father being in the house as being overrated (which I suppose is true), then implying that people who make this argument are racists. That's his method of argumentation for all sorts of things.

I was asking VN. Bonami is another Stephen A/Skip Bayless/Cowherd type says that says ridiculous things to get a reaction and ratings imo.

Exactly. Absolutely a ridiculous thing for him to say but once again it ESPN trying to stir up interest in their horrible programming.

There are some women who can fill that role...

339830_orig.jpg

I liked Bobby ever since I heard him say after being asked about running the score up on someone, "if they don't wanna lose that bad they need to get better ".

VN Store

Back