Curious. Has anyone broken down how many starters Bama loses?

ptcarter

Boomshanka! (Google that)
That defense looks like they could all be pro. I'm so ready for them to tank.

Someone break it down - who's leaving? Include seniors. I'm hoping this list brings me joy.
Thanks

I don't have the numbers available you're looking for, but...I'm sure Saban has 5*'s and NFL prospects just waiting to get in the game next year. That is a pure football machine down in Tuscaloosa.

But, like everything else in life, in will come to an end some day. I remember thinking in the 90's that Nebraska would be unstoppable for ages. And then Tom Osborne left.

Reactions: 2 people
That defense looks like they could all be pro. I'm so ready for them to tank.

Someone break it down - who's leaving? Include seniors. I'm hoping this list brings me joy.
Thanks

"Things SEC fans have been saying since 2009".

First off, Bamas defense is great, in college. They would get man handled by even the worst NFL team.

Now to the point. It doesnt matter how many players they lose. Saban recruits, coaches and develops at a level thats just better than everyone else. We might get lucky and Clemson has a 1985 Dolphins v Bears type of game. Its much more likely that Bama beats Clemson though. Like I have said, Saban is the Belicheck of college football.

I've been waiting for the Patriots dynasty to end for over a decade now.

Belichek will retire as soon as those "styling" sweatshirts wear out. Seriously, the Pats have only one Superbowl win since what...2004/2005 season? They're great but not unbeatable. The draft ensures at least some parity in the pros.

Alabama has plenty of talent on hand, and plenty more coming in. Upper level talent too, not a bunch of 3 stars.

Belichek will retire as soon as those "styling" sweatshirts wear out. Seriously, the Pats have only one Superbowl win since what...2004/2005 season? They're great but not unbeatable. The draft ensures at least some parity in the pros.

They've appeared in 43% of superbowls in the last 14 years.

Reactions: 1 person
You'd think that might matter, but then you realize they've signed the #1 class like 6 years in a row and on the verge of doing it again. It's just plug and play right now at Bama..

Belichek is a "solid" defensive coach who hit gold w/ Brady and has cashed in ever since. To me Saban,in getting this succession of #1 classes, is the more impressive. Not sure if they are just paying more, but you'd figure guys would just get "tired" of Bama hype and want make a name for themselves elsewhere. He sure has come a long way since losing to ULM in year 1. The SEC needs another top flight program, preferably in the SECw, to delude the recruiting for Bama. It looked for a while like it was going to be LSU or Ole Miss. That would be the fastest cure for what ales the SEC, Saban.

All of what you say is good. Would still like to see the names of those not returning. Throw me a bone, someone.

Belichek is a "solid" defensive coach who hit gold w/ Brady and has cashed in ever since. To me Saban,in getting this succession of #1 classes, is the more impressive. Not sure if they are just paying more, but you'd figure guys would just get "tired" of Bama hype and want make a name for themselves elsewhere. He sure has come a long way since losing to ULM in year 1. The SEC needs another top flight program, preferably in the SECw, to delude the recruiting for Bama. It looked for a while like it was going to be LSU or Ole Miss. That would be the fastest cure for what ales the SEC, Saban.

Belichick went 11-5 with Matt Cassel.

I don't have the numbers available you're looking for, but...I'm sure Saban has 5*'s and NFL prospects just waiting to get in the game next year. That is a pure football machine down in Tuscaloosa.

But, like everything else in life, in will come to an end some day. I remember thinking in the 90's that Nebraska would be unstoppable for ages. And then Tom Osborne left.

I remeber thinking the same about USC, Florida, and Texas in the early 2000's

Belichick went 11-5 with Matt Cassel.

He also doesn't get to go out anywhere in the country and just hand pick his players. He has to get some luck with the draft and free agency like everyone else, which is especially impressive considering they never pick inside the top 20. All things considered I'd say BB's run has been more impressive, although both are all time greats.

He also doesn't get to go out anywhere in the country and just hand pick his players. He has to get some luck with the draft and free agency like everyone else, which is especially impressive considering they never pick inside the top 20. All things considered I'd say BB's run has been more impressive, although both are all time greats.

What Belichick has done is phenomenal given the Patriots business model. Nothing pisses me off more than "The Patriot Way."

I agree. Everybody forgets how great Belichek was when head coach at Cleveland. He sucked and sicked bad. He was lucky to fall into the perfect storm of having great ownership and front office in NE coupled with Brady emerging. Put Belichek back in Cleveland he sucks again. That's not like other great coaches that win no matter where they go, Big Tuna is my prime example.

I agree. Everybody forgets how great Belichek was when head coach at Cleveland. He sucked and sicked bad. He was lucky to fall into the perfect storm of having great ownership and front office in NE coupled with Brady emerging. Put Belichek back in Cleveland he sucks again. That's not like other great coaches that win no matter where they go, Big Tuna is my prime example.

Everyone who goes to Cleveland sucks.

Also, Saban was nothing special at Michigan State. He was 34-24 and they were very average for 4 of his 5 seasons there. You say BB needed to fall into the right situation in NE when the same could be said for Saban needing to fall into the right situation in the SEC.

Last edited:
it doesn't matter---they lost a ton last year and this team is even better. They just reload with more 5 star studs.

Only saving grace is that they don't rotate like they have in the past on defense. Lots of talent coming back...no experience.!

VN Store

Back