Chip Kelly out of San Fran

What's open? Only place he goes is someone who didn't make a move yet and probably wasn't going to until seeing he came on the market. Notre Dame? Texas A&M?

Or...he can take his buyout money, take the year off enjoying drinks on the beach, recharge his batteries and wait until jobs open next year.

Last edited:
Sits out a year and will have his pick of any number of college jobs. Notre DamNe will throw the kitchen sink at him. I bet that's where he ends up.

What's open? Only place he goes is someone who didn't make a move yet and probably wasn't going to until seeing he came on the market. Notre Dame? Texas A&M?

Or...he can take his buyout money, take the year off enjoying drinks on the beach, recharge his batteries and wait until jobs open next year.

He won't coach next season.

Reactions: 1 person

I think that's what he will do...next coach at ND imo

He could definitely land at TAMU after Sumlin gets canned for finishing 8-4 again. But I think given the option. He would avoid SEC. He'll head west, perhaps UCLA or AZ State.

Will a college coach be fired with him on the table this late? And he would have to try to assemble a staff this late

I would love to have seen him go to LSU, all that talent in the Bayou estate and he could have an unreal team. The guy knows offense

Talk about an NFL bust--Kelly was an absolute disaster. He arrogantly traded away some of Philly's best players, wanting to put his imprint on the team, and it blew up in his face--they were a joke, as was once mighty San Francisco under his leadership. Big winner turned feckless loser, but yea, he'll get nice college gig before long.

Talk about an NFL bust--Kelly was an absolute disaster. He arrogantly traded away some of Philly's best players, wanting to put his imprint on the team, and it blew up in his face--they were a joke, as was once mighty San Francisco under his leadership. Big winner turned feckless loser, but yea, he'll get nice college gig before long.

You are right about Philly but he had no role in the train wreck that is now the 49's.

VN Store

Back