Taxslayer Bowl: Kentucky vs. Georgia Tech

McCat

Rent free in your head
Kickoff at 10 AM EST on ESPN. Who plays football at that ungodly hour?

Tech is the favorite, but my heart says 33-28 Cats!

Kickoff at 10 AM EST on ESPN. Who plays football at that ungodly hour?

Tech is the favorite, but my heart says 33-28 Cats!

I think it's 11 AM. Plenty of time to have another screwdriver or bloody mary.

It's 11:00 EST, but is early for the other time zones. My guess is to make sure they are over before the first playoff game starts.

I hope Kentucky gets blown out of the stadium. Maybe Corker will change his mind after the game and come over to the good guys.

Reactions: 3 people
It's 11:00 EST, but is early for the other time zones. My guess is to make sure they are over before the first playoff game starts.

Exactly. The Citrus Bowl also begins at 11. Get them out of the way to set the stage.

it is stupid to start games that early--not fair to the players or teams or their fans--but that's what you get with television. TV, and tv money, rules.

About 10 years ago the Cotton Bowl started at 11 ET, 10 CT. The Outback Bowl used to start at 11 ET as well.

Will be interesting to see the TV ratings in Kentucky for that time slot. Louisville plays LSU in their bowl game, Kentucky plays Ga. Tech, and Louisville plays Indiana at the same time. Tough scheduling spot for the Commonwealth.

Go Tigers, and (ugh), go Hoosiers.

I've played baseball tourney games at 8:00am in 40 degree weather. Ya just make the best of the hand you're delt.

Reactions: 1 person
Not sure why we wanted to start with the ball. Not sure why Johnson fumbles so much. Kentucky continuing to Kentucky.

I personally hate the triple option offense. It's too predictable at times.

With GT being our opening game next year I know what our coaches that are staying next year are doing right now

With GT being our opening game next year I know what our coaches that are staying next year are doing right now

I hate so much that we scheduled them. I don't care if Shy Tuttle is 100% healthy in July, we shouldn't play him against this triple option, cut block garbage.

VN Store

Back