UConn Rehires Randy Edsall

I guess you can go home again.

Apparently there are conditions, at least to one reporter :)

Jeff Jacobs ‏@jacobscourant 3h
3 hours ago

When Randy Edsall takes the podium to become UConn coach again, his first three words must be, "I am sorry." Then everyone can go from there

Apparently there are conditions, at least to one reporter :)

Jeff Jacobs ‏@jacobscourant 3h
3 hours ago

When Randy Edsall takes the podium to become UConn coach again, his first three words must be, "I am sorry." Then everyone can go from there

Seriously. This is very surprising. Could've sworn he left on bad terms last time.

But successful as one can be at a basketball school in the north east with brutal winters and terrible conference. Sometimes swallowing pride is best decision.

He definitely did much better at UConn than Maryland. It doesn't help that he replaced Ralph Friedgen after Friedgen was fired after going 9-4 his last year. Friedgen was 75-50 in 10 seasons there. Edsall wasn't even close to being that good.

He definitely did much better at UConn than Maryland. It doesn't help that he replaced Ralph Friedgen after Friedgen was fired after going 9-4 his last year. Friedgen was 75-50 in 10 seasons there. Edsall wasn't even close to being that good.

Yeah UCONN was what I was eluding to. I totally think Friedgens more downhill running game roster didn't suit Edsalls style. Not that as an excuse as he can recruit his own roster but it helps following similar styles. Maryland can be similar to Oregon. Under Armour is going to give them every resource. If Durkin doesn't turn out I'd expect in a year or 2 that Chip Kelly may be a good fit.

VN Store

Back