Leonard Fournette Sitting Out Citrus Bowl

Coug

They've been claiming injuries and not being "completely healthy" but I really think this this guy has been pulling a Jadeveon Clowney all season.

How does this type of behavior help your draft stock and if the injuries are real how does that not make you think twice about drafting the guy still?

He's been hurt, probably won't require surgery but he has been hurt. I have never had a high ankle sprain let alone two of them but the only way it heals is rest from what I can tell.

Could he technically play? Yes. Should he? No, protect his future and get rest. He shouldn't have played the Florida game.

I would rather Guice anyway, been saying that even last summer.

Reactions: 4 people
No sense in risking his future. It's not like he's 100% either. Looking forward to seeing Fournette in the NFL...

Reactions: 3 people
Business decision. Unfortunately for NFL teams no telling if he keeps making them in the future, like Clowney. Clowney has only started about half the Texans' games since drafted. Some guys just don't have the fire and stomach to play with pain.

Reactions: 1 person
Chances are he ends up with the Saints or worse -- NFL beatings are coming for him so he might as well heal now

When you're a possible generational player, you get drafted highly. These last two seasons (and especially this one) might cost him in a tiebreaker. Adrian Peterson started getting dinged at the end of his time at Oklahoma. Gutted out some performances. It's more an indicator of the toughness and resolve needed to star in the NFL.

Can't blame the guy. He's made plenty of money for that university. Now it's time to go get his.

Good decision on his part. I'm sure looking back that some other college players wish they had gone this route.

Reactions: 2 people
So what's your take on coaches that take another job and don't coach their team in a bowl game?

A loyal coach would stay and finish the last game with their team. Again though I'm looking at Fournette's entire season not just this bowl game.

A loyal coach would stay and finish the last game with their team. Again though I'm looking at Fournette's entire season not just this bowl game.

Is the coach a quitter and privileged? Or is he doing what's best for his future?

Reactions: 4 people
What would the reaction on here be if DB sat the bowl game out? I can't imagine the outrage.

Not from me it wouldn't be, it's his life and his choice. The university makes millions off these kids, I have zero problem with them looking out for their futures.

Reactions: 3 people
Quitting on your team because you feel as though you're a privileged, NFL draft prospect?

What about the paid coaches that quit on their teams. Happens every year. Bowl games, to some, equal participation awards. Why risk a career ending injury for that? These kids play CFB for one reason....to get to the NFL. Why risk it?

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back