5 Teams That Didn't Meet Expectations for 2016

We didn't meet expectations, but no way we're even close to #1 on that list, with Notre Dame, Oregon, and Texas. Not sure how the authors neglected to put Oregon and Texas on there.

We didn't meet expectations, but no way we're even close to #1 on that list, with Notre Dame, Oregon, and Texas. Not sure how the authors neglected to put Oregon and Texas on there.

I meant we probably should have been #1 on the list of teams they had listed. And, I agree Notre Dame had a more disappointing season than us.

Oregon & Texas I don't really agree with. Maybe close with Oregon because they were ranked just barely ahead of us preseason.

Ole Miss went from 10-3 to 5-7 think they underachieved more than UGA or us.

The sec west is a tougher division. The East is still fluff. U have to play dang good football every week to finish in the top 3 over there. The whole east was up for grabs and several teams could have backed into the #1 spot

Wait a minute...wait just a cotton pickin minute here! No way Ole Miss is on that list. They would have gone at least 11-1 if not for all those injuries. Plus they lost to a really tough Vandy team. All you Nega Bars leave Hugh Freeze Alone.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Well it's obvious Oregon didn't meet Duck expectations. Is someone telling us we were expected to have this bad of a year!!! LOL. Washington scoring 70 on us in our house!!! That's grounds for a hanging!!!

Losing to the rodents from cornvalley isn't quite as bad. This was the most embarrassing year since the 1980s. Well there was a loss to byu in a bowl game some years back that was pretty ugly, but let's face it this was a horrible effort from the coaches and the players.

You can't have a list like this without Oregon on the list.

Well it's obvious Oregon didn't meet Duck expectations. Is someone telling us we were expected to have this bad of a year!!! LOL. Washington scoring 70 on us in our house!!! That's grounds for a hanging!!!

Losing to the rodents from cornvalley isn't quite as bad. This was the most embarrassing year since the 1980s. Well there was a loss to byu in a bowl game some years back that was pretty ugly, but let's face it this was a horrible effort from the coaches and the players.

You can't have a list like this without Oregon on the list.

I hated to see you guys have such a horrible year. It's been fun the past few years watching you beat USCw and dominate the PAC. I guess you've heard that UT fans are interested in Helfrich as an OC. There's a huge thread on him on the Football forum. What happened with him at Oregon? HC to much or is he overrated as an offensive coach in the minds of Duck fans?

I hated to see you guys have such a horrible year. It's been fun the past few years watching you beat USCw and dominate the PAC. I guess you've heard that UT fans are interested in Helfrich as an OC. There's a huge thread on him on the Football forum. What happened with him at Oregon? HC to much or is he overrated as an offensive coach in the minds of Duck fans?

First Helfrich, is one very classy quality guy. He did recruit Mariota for Oregon. He's a good offensive coordinator. I just don't think he was ready to be a head coach. He just might have been too nice of a guy.

Oh, and I'm not too worried about USC, they still have a ways to go to just get back to 500 against the Ducks over the last 25 years. It frustrates trojans a bit when they realize they have a losing record against the Ducks.

And no 4-loss LSU on the list? Preseason rank of #5, and at least a few SEC pundits expected them to win the West and ultimately the SEC.

Reactions: 1 person
The fact LSU isn't number 1 is a colossal fail. They were preseason #1 in many publications and #2 in sec in every publication that didn't have them #1. They also lost to Florida and had a worse record than us. Who did they beat exactly?

This was a predicted no loss or at max one loss team that went 7-4, fired their coach mid season, and has a terrible AD.

Last edited:
No way we should be top 5. Not even sure we are top 10 nationally. We clearly underachieved, but 8 wins is much better than many preseason top 25 teams.

No way we should be top 5. Not even sure we are top 10 nationally. We clearly underachieved, but 8 wins is much better than many preseason top 25 teams.

Wasn't there talk of a possible NC run at some point for tennessee. You guys didn't have a horrid season by most programs standards but for the standards that Ut should have and the preseason talk then I'd say ut deserved on the list.

VN Store

Back