Texas declines to play Houston

Here's an interesting listen from Houston's #1 talk radio host, Michael Berry.

https://youtu.be/coHwgcT9UAc

Calls Texas and AD Mike Perrin chicken. Berry's wife is the former Attorney General for the State of Texas.

Originally from Orange in Orange County in far southeastern Texas, Berry graduated magna cum laude from the University of Houston with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science. He earned a Doctor of Jurisprudence degree from the University of Texas School of Law and a Master of Laws and Letters degree from the University of Nottingham in England. His wife is Nandita Venkateswaran Berry, or "Nandy", the 109th Secretary of State of Texas,[1] who is originally from Hyderabad, India.

Last edited:
What does Texas have to gain from play Houston??? If we didn't get Memphis in hoops we would never play them in football. If Texas wins..oh well but if they lose... BOOM!!! It's a huge deal not only in Texas but in CFB

Reactions: 1 person
What does Texas have to gain from play Houston??? If we didn't get Memphis in hoops we would never play them in football. If Texas wins..oh well but if they lose... BOOM!!! It's a huge deal not only in Texas but in CFB

Well it would behoove Texas and the big 12 to have an actual CCG again, adding Houston would help. Houston sees it as a tryout. But Texas doesn't want the potential recruiting setback a loss would create against an instate competitor.

Well it would behoove Texas and the big 12 to have an actual CCG again, adding Houston would help. Houston sees it as a tryout. But Texas doesn't want the potential recruiting setback a loss would create against an instate competitor.

They don't have to actually add Houston to do that though. (And the Big 12 already announced either last month or in October that it was no longer pursuing teams for expansion).

The rules were already changed. The Big 12 can (and will) be able to have its conference championship as only a 10-team conference.

Big XII should've held on to TAMU and either Nebraska or Colorado. SEC should have got WVU and put Mizzou in the Western Division. WVU in the Big XII is the most ridiculous thing ever.

Big XII should've held on to TAMU and either Nebraska or Colorado. SEC should have got WVU and put Mizzou in the Western Division. WVU in the Big XII is the most ridiculous thing ever.
I'm guessing Nebraska wishes they were still in the BIG XII. They're a better cultural fit with the northern most schools of the BIG XII and their recruiting ties in Texas have virtually dried up. The only advantage that Nebraska gained by the move is the same as Arkansas' move to the the SEC...$$$!

That money ain't bought either one much. :whistling:

PS,

Screw Colorado.

Recuits.

A&M' s move to the SEC was a game changer for the whorns. Kids that once went to Austin (Vince Young: Houston Madison HS) are now going other places (Jalen Hurts: Channelview HS). The shift has been so dramatic that even UofH is now signing kids that once would have gone to Austin.

Honestly, if I were TX I would take the path of least resistance, as well. As stated they have USC the next two years for solid non-conf foe. With the current Baylor situation, and OU post Mayfield, I expect Tx to win the conference in 2018.

I'm guessing Nebraska wishes they were still in the BIG XII. They're a better cultural fit with the northern most schools of the BIG XII and their recruiting ties in Texas have virtually dried up. The only advantage that Nebraska gained by the move is the same as Arkansas' move to the the SEC...$$$!

That money ain't bought either one much. :whistling:

PS,

Screw Colorado.

No, they're probably not.

We wouldn't have taken WVU either. They were pretty much shot down by both the SEC and the ACC when they tried to jump ship from the Big East.

Texas is the 4 best program in TX. Why would they get destroyed and lose more recruits. They don't need the $$

The Big 12 sure did stumble big time when they decided to piss off every other team in the conference in favor of UTx. Now, they've lost $$$ teams that are fourishng elsewhere and are left with the Horns, who remain a national laughingstock.

The Big 12 sure did stumble big time when they decided to piss off every other team in the conference in favor of UTx. Now, they've lost $$$ teams that are fourishng elsewhere and are left with the Horns, who remain a national laughingstock.

So...how did they lose money? They're each getting to keep the same amounts of money per conference school, and they got to add a conference championship game's worth of revenue, without having to add and share it with some other schools whose followings/market footprints weren't big enough to actually increase the amount of money each Big 12 team would be getting.

So...how did they lose money? They're each getting to keep the same amounts of money per conference school, and they got to add a conference championship game's worth of revenue, without having to add and share it with some other schools whose followings/market footprints weren't big enough to actually increase the amount of money each Big 12 team would be getting.

Oh, I don't disagree. Perhaps "money-teams" wasn't the best reference since I didn't mean it literally. I meant national respect.

They lost A&M who are competitive in the SEC and mopping up in recruiting, and held on to UTx, who are a laughing stock.

Just seems like the conference could have handled things a bit better and made better choices when dealing with the teams in the actual conference.

We wouldn't have taken WVU either. They were pretty much shot down by both the SEC and the ACC when they tried to jump ship from the Big East.

This is why I hate conferences.

Wvu is a better program than half the teams out there.

They have win major bowl games in the past decade and are always in a bowl game. They are just an extremely small market and will never be a championship contender so they are left out.

Wvu is way way better than Rutgers, Maryland, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa. They deserved to be in the sec or big ten.

Rutgers was simply a money grab for the ny market.

Ps....go mountaineers! Beat Miami!!!

Texas runs the Big 12, and they're running it right into the ground.

VN Store

Back