Former USC RB Joe McKnight Shot & Killed

Holy crap. I remember him. Damn, RIP man.

Yeah, he was a really good RB while at USC. Was even mentioned as a Heisman candidate his senior season. Really a shame. Don't know the entire story but there was rumors he had gotten with the wrong crowd in the last year or so. Truly sad. Prayers for this man's family & friends.

Reactions: 1 person
No words can make it better, but thoughts and prayers can help. Sending them right now.

Didn't another NFL player get killed in NO in a road rage incident this year? Sounds like a welcoming town.

Yeah, he was a really good RB while at USC. Was even mentioned as a Heisman candidate his senior season. Really a shame. Don't know the entire story but there was rumors he had gotten with the wrong crowd in the last year or so. Truly sad. Prayers for this man's family & friends.

He left for the NFL after his JR season.

I meant his junior season & not senior season. Thanks for catching that.

You meant his last year, maybe.

And he was never getting that much hype because SC struggled offensively for long stretches.

Joe McKnight, former NFL player, killed in Terrytown shooting | NOLA.com

A witness, who declined to give her name, said she was leaving a store in the area when she saw a man at the intersection yelling at another man, who was trying to apologize. The man who was yelling shot the other man more than once, she said. She said the shooter shot the man, stood over him and said "I told you don't you f--- with me." Then he fired again, she said.

This is so beyond messed up. Murdered over a road rage incident. In broad daylight with witnesses around. First Will Smith killed over a fender bender in New Orleans and now this. It's crazy how bad it's gotten.

Why does everyone assume he was totally innocent because he was a good football player. Lets see what the investigation concludes.

Reactions: 2 people
Why does everyone assume he was totally innocent because he was a good football player. Lets see what the investigation concludes.

"Investigation"

Are you kidding me? He pulled him out of his vehicle, shot him, stood over him and said "I told you not to f*** with me" then shot him dead. How exactly this man felt his life was threatened enough that he pull an unarmed McKnight out of his vehicle, shot him, say that and then shot him again is beyond me. That's murder.

WVUE reported that multiple witnesses saw a man in an Infiniti sedan pulled McKnight, 28, from his Audi and shot him multiple times after a verbal altercation. Witnesses said the shooter then waited for police to show up.

Jefferson Paris Sheriff Newell Normand identified the shooting suspect as Ronald Gasser, 54. The sheriff said Gasser and McKnight exchanged words after a traffic incident, but did not go into further detail.

Here is the sick f*** who murdered him, sitting in cuffs just feet away from a lifeless McKnight. No gun recovered from McKnight's vehicle or near by - just the gun from the guy who shot him. By the way "he was released from custody overnight without being charged, Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office authorities said". Seems a little more than unusual. Why isnt this man behind bars???

21631430-mmmain.jpg

Why don't you point out in this thread where anyone said anything remotely close to what you're whining about?

Please point out where anyone said he was "innocent".

It just seems that way........doesnt it make you wonder why they didnt keep him in jail?

unfreaking believable what mis-information is out there. Sounds like shooter possibly could have been acting in self defense. Sherriff just said shooter was inside his car while McKnight was standing outside his car - not standing over McKnight yelling things at him while he shot.

"Investigation"

Are you kidding me? He pulled him out of his vehicle, shot him, stood over him and said "I told you not to f*** with me" then shot him dead. How exactly this man felt his life was threatened enough that he pull an unarmed McKnight out of his vehicle, shot him, say that and then shot him again is beyond me. That's murder.

Here is the sick f*** who murdered him, sitting in cuffs just feet away from a lifeless McKnight. No gun recovered from McKnight's vehicle or near by - just the gun from the guy who shot him. By the way "he was released from custody overnight without being charged, Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office authorities said". Seems a little more than unusual. Why isnt this man behind bars???

21631430-mmmain.jpg

from the looks of the picture you posted -- this thread might be better off in the PF real soon

"Investigation"

21631430-mmmain.jpg

Doesn't sound like any of that was true, other than the guy shot him.

The shooter was in his car, and shot 3 times through his open window. It sounds like McKnight might have been the aggressor and he came to the shooter's car.

Louisiana is a stand your ground state, and the shooter not leaving and cooperating with the police would led credence to the fact that at the least he viewed McKnight as a threat and felt he acted in self defense.

VN Store

Back