Coaching Carousel Thread

GoBigOrangeVols

Thread for speculation on "who replaces who" in the world of college football. Currently openings at LSU and Purdue.

I'd speculate that Notre Dame, Oregon and Texas could also come open soon.

I think Les Miles would be a dream come true for Purdue, and he'd do really well there.

I also think Coach O has a real chance at LSU.

Tom Herman is the hot name for Texas, but I'm not 100% sold they are going to make a change.

Can't see how Oregon and Notre Dame don't make a change. Chip Kelly to Oregon would make a ton of sense. Not sure who Notre Dame would target? Urban? Bob Stoops?

I think Les Miles would be a dream come true for Purdue, and he'd do really well there.

I also think Coach O has a real chance at LSU.

Tom Herman is the hot name for Texas, but I'm not 100% sold they are going to make a change.

Can't see how Oregon and Notre Dame don't make a change. Chip Kelly to Oregon would make a ton of sense. Not sure who Notre Dame would target? Urban? Bob Stoops?
Doubt if Herman goes anywhere. He is already making big money without the pressure of a big time program.

He is making $3 million. With the jobs opening up this year. He could easily bring that up to $7 million with a 6 year contract. It will be a bidding war this year.

I feel like we have a thread about this already...

There could be some of the top jobs in the NCAA opening up this year. I thought I would go ahead and start the thread since some are already open.

LSU
Purdue
Baylor
FIU

Last edited:
There could be some of the top jobs in the NCAA opening up this year. I thought I would go ahead and start the thread since some are already open.

What a great idea!

http://www.volnation.com/forum/around-the-ncaa/265721-coaching-carousel-thread

LSU
Purdue
Baylor
FIU

FIU was so shortsighted when they fired Cristobal a few years back.

Well looking like Coach O may get to keep LSU job. Say he wins all games left but Bama...does he stay?

Tough to say. The man is a somewhat of an enigma. IMO LSU would be wise to find a head coach then pay Coach O a hefty salary to retain him as AHC-a position which I think he far more suited for than HC.

Charlie Strong's name should be coming up soon...

If not this week then next week if/when they lose to Baylor. Just don't see the boosters staying loyal to his brand of football.

Herman will have to make the decision between Texas and LSU. Personally, I would take the LSU position.

Herman will have to make the decision between Texas and LSU. Personally, I would take the LSU position.
I wouldn't rule out Texas going after a coach with more experience such as Chip Kelly, Larry Fedora and Bobby Petreno. Petreno is the name that is being mentioned more and more on shaggytexas.

Last edited:
I wouldn't rule out Texas going after a coach with more experience such as Chip Kelly and Bobby Petreno. Petreno is the name that is being mentioned more and more on shaggytexas.

The same ShaggyTexas (ShaggyBevo at the time, still can't believe that nonsense) that believed Saban was all but a lock to move to Texas?

LSU
Purdue
Baylor
FIU
From what I'm hearing Baylor's short list is:

Phil Montgomery-Tulsa
Chad Morris-SMU
Dino Babers-Syracuse
Sonny Dykes-Cal
Tom Herman-Houston
PJ Fleck-W Michigan
Larry Fedora-UNC

The same ShaggyTexas (ShaggyBevo at the time, still can't believe that nonsense) that believed Saban was all but a lock to move to Texas?
Shaggy does dream big but what homer fan site doesn't? This go around the hiring will go through Red McCombs and his cronies and they like experience. The current AD is a former Darrel Royal player and they have his ear. The former AD was just a lamb sacrificed to fire Mack Brown...he served his purpose.

Last edited:
Fresno St. is about to open up. Jeff Tedford wants the job.

In other news, Craig Bohl already turned Wyoming around.

Last edited:
From what I'm hearing Baylor's short list is:

Phil Montgomery-Tulsa
Chad Morris-SMU
Dino Babers-Syracuse
Sonny Dykes-Cal
Tom Herman-Houston
PJ Fleck-W Michigan
Larry Fedora-UNC

Babers is in year one at Cuse...don't see that happening but beyond Herman and Fleck he would be my pick.

I'm an incredible optimist!! So you know things are getting bad when I'm wanting to fire a head coach.... And yes I think it's time my Ducks start shopping for a new head coach. I think it would be interesting to bring Chip Kelly back and I wouldn't mind a Les Miles as a hire.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back