Weak Sauce Additions at The Swamp

Lawrence Wright

Troll Brother #1
Stupid idea...unbelievably stupid...

Recognizing division titles is weak enough. Claiming division titles we didn't win is something else. :censored:

358o3yu.jpg

2pyxm4j.jpg

We should have gone all in and claimed the 1984 National Title awarded to us by the New York Times. :blink:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Maybe some of those championships are for the basketball or softball teams, and they just proudly wanted to display them in the stadium. :)

Definitely not one of Florida's better decisions.

Maybe some of those championships are for the basketball or softball teams, and they just proudly wanted to display them in the stadium. :)

Definitely not one of Florida's better decisions.

At a minimum we need to remove '03 and '12. That's downright embarrassing.

We've got more East titles than anyone else, no need to make ish up.

The whole thing should never have gone up. Florida should be above thumping their chests over division titles.

Some funny stuff there.

What's up with the RB Lemons of committing, decommitting, committing and then decommitting again the next day?

You've joined Ole Miss in claiming "co-championships."

Ole Miss...

With Ole Miss I can at least see why they would, because they have to. They don't have much of anything else.

A program that has won 3 National Championships in the past 20 years is posting this crap? Wow.

LW, don't be talking negative about your program like that. bowlinggreenvol might get offended.

Yep... those were the ones I was "attributing" to basketball or softball 'cause they shouldn't be up there. But I tend to agree with others in that Florida has been too good of a program the past few decades to have to resort to this.

I agree but in this era all schools celebrate what we "Almost accomplished!" What makes me sad that generations to come for several schools will be so confused when they see 4-5 co-division champs. So tradition will be watered down from our standpoint but their generation will take it as a badge of honor.

I agree but in this era all schools celebrate what we "Almost accomplished!" What makes me sad that generations to come for several schools will be so confused when they see 4-5 co-division champs. So tradition will be watered down from our standpoint but their generation will take it as a badge of honor.

We should start hanging these in the stadium every time we lose by less than a FG.

o9e3b5.png

I don't really even like declaring division winners "champions". You won the division, not the conference; nor do I really care for bowl winners being declared [Insert Bowl] Champion. It's kind of lame, you're the champion between 2 teams?

I don't even like it in pro sports much anymore since the playoff systems and leagues are so watered down. For instance back when there were only 4 baseball divisions, I could buy being called "NL East Champions" because it actually meant a lot more since there were only 4 playoff spots and you had to win the division. Now it's not as big a deal, especially in the NFL. You're proud you are the "AFC South Champions"? Really?

I don't really even like declaring division winners "champions". You won the division, not the conference; nor do I really care for bowl winners being declared [Insert Bowl] Champion. It's kind of lame, you're the champion between 2 teams?

I don't even like it in pro sports much anymore since the playoff systems and leagues are so watered down. For instance back when there were only 4 baseball divisions, I could buy being called "NL East Champions" because it actually meant a lot more since there were only 4 playoff spots and you had to win the division. Now it's not as big a deal, especially in the NFL. You're proud you are the "AFC South Champions"? Really?
I agree, especially the baseball. I remember back in the when those last few games meant something cause you had to win. It just changed for me.

We could call ourselves "2003 SEC East Champions" too, right? That was a 3 way tie wasn't it among Georgia, Florida and Tennessee?

VN Store

Back