Bama WR Dieter

BACKDOC

who torched us last year while playing for Bow. Green, is not listed in the six man rotation. Is he injured? Not up to speed? I can't imagine them having six players better than that guy.

This guy?

giphy.gif

Reactions: 5 people
Which DB was it that Dieter kept burning in last year's opener? I remember it being one guy in particular, but I might be wrong.

Better hope Matt Johnson is throwing too. That kid was throwing nearly every pass perfectly that game. Didn't matter the coverage. Was an unbelievable effort by him that day.

Johnson could have been the best passing Qb Tennessee played last yr. Only Mayfield could have been better and he killed Vols with his feet more than his arm.

Better hope Matt Johnson is throwing too. That kid was throwing nearly every pass perfectly that game. Didn't matter the coverage. Was an unbelievable effort by him that day.

Seems that is the case whenever someone plays us. Incredible accuracy even in good coverage.

Reactions: 1 person
And shoved him out of the endzone...yeah, a flag was getting thrown on that play.

Good point, Boca.

I'm a bit confused on the passing interference guidelines these days. Is it absolutely necessary for a defender to look back to locate the ball before defending the pass/player? I recall some type of clarification of this on either this board or Reddit in which a poster claimed that defenders do not have to look back, but that they typically perform (or do not perform) some type of action that leads to the flag being tossed?

Good point, Boca.

I'm a bit confused on the passing interference guidelines these days. Is it absolutely necessary for a defender to look back to locate the ball before defending the pass/player? I recall some type of clarification of this on either this board or Reddit in which a poster claimed that defenders do not have to look back, but that they typically perform (or do not perform) some type of action that leads to the flag being tossed?

You aren't required to look back. But it's one of those things that tips a ref off when looking for interference. If it's kind of a 50/50 play, you're less likely to get a flag if you're looking for the ball even if the contact is essentially the same.

VN Store

Back