Why LSU

amavol2

I find it funny that so many people are picking LSU to win the SEC, Les had one foot out the door. Have they upgraded at any coaching position and if not they will never out coach Alabama. I may be somewhat biased, but Tennessee has a better chance to win the SEC and honestly believe Shoop is one of the top coordinators in the country!

Reactions: 1 person
I think it comes down to Bama and LSU in the West and hoping LSU finally beats them and takes the West. Then JRM completely stones Fournette in the SEC championship, causes a fumble and we scoop and score to win as time expires!!

Reactions: 5 people
I think it comes down to Bama and LSU in the West and hoping LSU finally beats them and takes the West. Then JRM completely stones Fournette in the SEC championship, causes a fumble and we scoop and score to win as time expires!!

I like the way you think

Have they upgraded at any coaching position and if not they will never out coach Alabama.

They got rid of Kevin Steele at DC and replaced him with Dave Aranda from Wisconsin. So yes, that's an upgrade. But defense is not LSU's issue. If they can't get better QB play then they are DOA.

Reactions: 3 people
I find it funny that so many people are picking LSU to win the SEC, Les had one foot out the door. Have they upgraded at any coaching position and if not they will never out coach Alabama. I may be somewhat biased, but Tennessee has a better chance to win the SEC and honestly believe Shoop is one of the top coordinators in the country!

fournettebeastin.0.gif

leonard-fournette-trucked-texas-am-defender.0.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
I've wondered the same thing. They hired a new DC who is supposed to be tops in the country, but i dont see them improving much on offense from last year. If their opponent can stop the running game (which is very hard to do with #7 running the ball) they can be defeated. I also think Les Miles might be coaching as though he has one foot out the door.

Me? I just want the Vols in Atlanta. If the SECCG is a wickedly contested back & forth football game, OK by me, BUT, I'd like the Vols to WIN. Hear me, Lord.

Reactions: 7 people
They got rid of Kevin Steele at DC and replaced him with Dave Aranda from Wisconsin. So yes, that's an upgrade. But defense is not LSU's issue. If they can't get better QB play then they are DOA.

Agree Aranda is an upgrade. Defense is not the issue for them like you stated. I think Harris is their question mark. If he can't complete 59% or better of his throws for them I think it'll be another 3 loss season for them. Loses coming from FL, Bama and whatever game Harris didn't show up for. IMO it's Bama taking the West.

Pretty much. Aranda will take a good defense and make it better. They don't find some balance and they are a 9 to 10 win team that won't play for anything.

Correct. Barring injury, and if they get slightly-better-than-average QB play, they won't lose a game.

I'd also add that they need better offensive line play. Their line got owned during their three losses. Harris is not nearly mobile enough to deal with the pocket collapsing on every play.

Reactions: 2 people
It would be pretty fun to see us face LSU in Atlanta, with a defense that Shoop claims no one will run on, against a running back that straight embarrassed tacklers last season.

Harris will be better IMO. I don't know if that is good enough tho. He's gonna have to take a big step.

Don't think they can't have a 1 loss year with bad QB play. Arranda is the real deal and their roster is loaded. Fournette's don't come along every day. If they have a more balanced attack, they will probably be undefeated going into SEC championship game.

Great great great athletes at LSU. They beat Saban sometimes. About time to be one of those years.

It is absolutely unbelievable to me how much WR talent LSU has put into the NFL (and will do so again after this season) despite having generally bad QB play.

They basically have Todd Gurley at RB and a great D

Is that a recipe to beat Alabama? How many yards did Fournette rush for last year against them, they go get a good DC and leave an offense alone that fits perfectly into bamas scheme, and now talking heads feel they will win with the same philosophy. Sounds about right

Any "good" defense can make a one dimensional team pay for their lack of balance. If LSU can manage to have any degree of balance against the better opponents (it's easy to look balanced against chumps) they will get points.

As great as Fournette is a defense that's basically playing "us vs him" is going to win the vast majority of plays.

We owe lsu a few beat downs in the SEC championship games, 01 and 07

VN Store

Back