Georgia QB Jacob Eason will reportedly start against North Carolina

This tells me Kirby is willing to give up an early out-of-conference loss, in a game that is winnable, in order to get his untested freshman QB playing time so he'll be a little seasoned when conference play comes along. In short, he's laser-focused on what happens inside the SEC, understands he's gonna take some lumps either sooner or later, and might as well take them when it doesn't hurt his chances of going to Atlanta.

Not a bad move. Not sure it will keep UGa from being rolled 2 or 3 times in the first half of their schedule, but he's surely focusing on the right goal.

As long as we whup them like a drum, doesn't matter to me which wide-eyed player they've got under center.

Reactions: 2 people
He's going to have so much fun against Tennessee's defense. Better hope he has his helmet strap locked on tight.

Reactions: 3 people
He's going to have so much fun against Tennessee's defense. Better hope he has his helmet strap locked on tight.

That game has all the feeling of the '04 Auburn vs Tennessee game in Knoxville. Watch UGA come in undefeated with a true freshman starting QB and all the momentum in the world and then we just blast them.

I guess we'll see if all the preseason hype is what it's cracked up to be.

I'm sure he's going to be a very good QB when it's all said and done. I don't think many teams are going to move the ball very well this year against UT's defense though.

Baptism by fire for that QB.

He's definitely going to be a good one. In fact I see Eason and Guarrantano (spelling? Sorry) to be the face of the SEC the next 3 years. However, Stafford had more picks than tds his first year and he was #1 overall, plus Eason played in Washington state,not exactly the best high school competition. So some growing pains here and there. I really believe the qbs at UT and UGA will have a huge impact on the college football landscape the next few years.

This tells me Kirby is willing to give up an early out-of-conference loss, in a game that is winnable, in order to get his untested freshman QB playing time so he'll be a little seasoned when conference play comes along. In short, he's laser-focused on what happens inside the SEC, understands he's gonna take some lumps either sooner or later, and might as well take them when it doesn't hurt his chances of going to Atlanta.

Not a bad move. Not sure it will keep UGa from being rolled 2 or 3 times in the first half of their schedule, but he's surely focusing on the right goal.

As long as we whup them like a drum, doesn't matter to me which wide-eyed player they've got under center.

will kill the kids confidence....:dance2:

Reactions: 1 person
I like it personally. Not because I think it gives us a better chance at beating them when we meet. But I don't want them having the excuse we often use against Florida in 97. Oh had we played Jamal Lewis more we would have beaten you guys. So no... We picked it up after losing to you guys with Grayson being benched for Eason will be taken out of play for their long term excuses. Lol

How good is UNC defense this year

Chizik has apparently done a pretty good job of working up the defense since he's been hired, but their rush defense still isn't what it should be. Which in the case of UGA could seriously hurt them.

Based on all I've read, and seen, Eason is the real deal. He will need a supporting cast for success.

What makes me smile is VFL34's evaluation of Jarrett Guarantano. If you missed that post, here it is.

For those that don't know VFL34 - none other than VFL Travis Stephens.

I'd rather have an accurate QB with a cannon that needs to tone it down a bit with some touch than a weak-armed QB who can't always get the ball where it needs to be.

JG has the potential to be the best QB we've had in many years.

Not years. EVER.

So Ga has Eason.. Well...we got a good one too.. Bring it on!

That game has all the feeling of the '04 Auburn vs Tennessee game in Knoxville. Watch UGA come in undefeated with a true freshman starting QB and all the momentum in the world and then we just blast them.

Didn't we get destroyed by Auburn that game?

Reactions: 1 person
I don't care how good this kid was coming out of high school. A true freshman QB in the SEC is going to be in for a rude awakening. Buckle up, Georgia fans.

Reactions: 2 people
Well, UGA is a tough opponent in their own house. Frosh QB or no, whoopin' the Dawgs in Samford isn't easy. Let's look back...
2015: Jawja's only home loss was to Bama, 10-38
2014: Jawja's only home loss was to GT, 24-30
2013: Jawja's only home loss was to Mizzou, 26-41
2012: No home loss
2011: Jawja's only home loss was to SoCar, 42-45
2010: Jawja's only home loss was to Arky, 24-31
2009: Lost 2 in Athens, 1. LSU 13-20, 2. UK 27-34
2008: Lost 2 in Athens, 1.Bama 30-41, 2. GT 42-45
2007: Jawja's only home loss was to SoCar, 12-16

You get the picture. Up years (10+ wins), down years (6-8 wins), UGA doesn't often lose in Athens. This year, if they have one home loss, Tennessee has to be it.

VN Store

Back