Iowa Mascot May Encourage Violence

volinbham

VN GURU
Well not really to any sane person but one professor thinks so.

https://reason.com/blog/2016/08/26/this-iowa-professor-who-thinks-herky-the

CghUODBUIAEMxUG.jpg

Seems we're getting all our messages from the wrong places in America today.

When we give actors and musicians microphones to teach us about politics and societal norms...

When we allow college professors to enlighten us on matters of courage and fortitude...

When we ask politicians to educate us on values...

...we have chosen the wrong leaders in those areas.

I'm sorry so many college professors were bullied when they were young. That is no reason to allow them to turn our own children into a bunch of safe-space-seeking namby pambies who can't handle a little conflict in their lives.

Sorry, rant off.

Reactions: 13 people
Seems we're getting all our messages from the wrong places in America today.

When we give actors and musicians microphones to teach us about politics and societal norms...

When we allow college professors to enlighten us on matters of courage and fortitude...

When we ask politicians to educate us on values...

...we have chosen the wrong leaders in those areas.

I'm sorry so many college professors were bullied when they were young. That is no reason to allow them to turn our own children into a bunch of safe-space-seeking namby pambies who can't handle a little conflict in their lives.

Sorry, rant off.

World is full of wu ssies now

Reactions: 4 people
He's right. Our guys saw him when we played Iowa and we unleashed all kinds of violence upon them.

I wonder what the professor thinks about the violence visited on that poor bird in the Kentucky logo.

V91fPtX.jpg

#stopbirdrape

Reactions: 1 person
This is scary. I'm not sure I'll be able to sleep today now.

You guys pretty much pegged the ridiculousness of this story. Yes it's disturbing, but not in the fact that some professor, who most likely will, (or already has) spent a lot of time on the doctors couch, has reached this conclusion. The real problem is the media, making this an issue, and giving him a megaphone. 99.99999% of the population see the mascot as a cartoon character, and would never let it trigger a murder, a rape, or a beatdown. Those that would let this "bird" do that could probably be triggered by an enormous number of other innocuous objects.

Although, I might reconsider my opinion here after stumbling on the picture below:

Attachments

• 18j4m1ej9d54sjpg.jpg
    18j4m1ej9d54sjpg.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 0
Iowa is the same school that used to paint the visiting locker room pink to soften the aggression of the opponents. I"m thinking Iowans over think these things way too much.

VN Store

Back