Spurrier strikes again...

Volunteer_Kirby

Its not what you think...
Spurrier was on Finebaum earlier and dropped this gem;

"If they had National Signing Day back then like they do now, I probably would've gone to Ole Miss"

:lolabove:

Reactions: 6 people
One man I would love to sit down and listen to him tell stories over a glass of bourbon

Reactions: 1 person
I never got all of the "Spurrier Love" here. Never will.

Johnson City native. Okay. Went to UF, and never passed up an opportunity to take a shot at UT Football...or especially CPF. For decades. I don't care where you're from; you fire that many shots across our bow...you're not getting any love, or respect, from me.

And in the end...when things weren't going his way...Steve Spurrier showed his true colors for all the world to see.

He quit. He quit a losing program rather than endure the humiliation of going out as a loser. In the end, the Redskins, and the Gamecocks, proved to be two mountains that his huge ego simply could not climb.

He's a quitter. The sharpest wit in the world can't mask a quitter's heart.

He'll never escape that. And rightfully so.

Go Vols.

Reactions: 8 people

Johnson City native. Okay. Went to UF, and never passed up an opportunity to take a shot at UT Football...or especially CPF. For decades. I don't care where you're from; you fire that many shots across our bow...you're not getting any love, or respect, from me.

And in the end...when things weren't going his way...Steve Spurrier showed his true colors for all the world to see.

He quit. He quit a losing program rather than endure the humiliation of going out as a loser. In the end, the Redskins, and the Gamecocks, proved to be two mountains that his huge ego simply could not climb.

Go Vols.

Strong

Go Vols.

Spurrier can/should get bent.

Go Vols.

Meh.

I honestly think he was doing his best to setup SCar to be in a good position to get a new coach hired when he stepped down.

6 SEC Championships and a National Championship is hard to argue against.

I never thought he'd win the east at SCar. Pretty impressive for him to take the Gamecocks to Atlanta.

I also appreciate genuine people - Spurrier is an original and always did it his way regardless of what anyone (fans, media, admin) said about it.

I personally would've loved for him to have followed Fulmer instead of Holtz. It would have been fun, but the timing was off by 3-4 years.

I hope Spurrier replaces Corso on GameDay...SOON!

usp_ncaa_football__espn_college_game_day_75628198.jpg

Meh, he was at Gameday for the Michigan/Michigan State game and was terrible. Now in fairness it was his first appearance, but I don't think it's a given that he'd be good on tv.

Reactions: 1 person
Meh.

I honestly think he was doing his best to setup SCar to be in a good position to get a new coach hired when he stepped down.

6 SEC Championships and a National Championship is hard to argue against.

I never thought he'd win the east at SCar. Pretty impressive for him to take the Gamecocks to Atlanta.

I also appreciate genuine people - Spurrier is an original and always did it his way regardless of what anyone (fans, media, admin) said about it.

Deleted the last part, but all of this is spot on.

Meh, he was at Gameday for the Michigan/Michigan State game and was terrible. Now in fairness it was his first appearance, but I don't think it's a given that he'd be good on tv.

I think his best performances have occurred after a goodly amount of adult beverages. I don't think he could get away with that for long as a regular.

I'd sure watch while it lasted tho.

* flashes back to Harry Caray after the seventh inning or so *

VN Store

Back