Georgia is the new Alabama ...

Rumor has it that Kirby took a play out of the Alabama playbook, and invited the whole Clarke-County police department to an open practice and meet-and-greet this spring. Well, I’ve got a funny feeling that Georgia’s off the field issues will soon be a thing of the past.

hmmm. and didn't they just get done kicking a guy off the team for multiple arrests.

and while he implies it he never specifically says why those points will make them Bama.

and it hurts that he has separate coaches listed as individual reasons and then lumps the rest of them together. not a consistent argument and he never explains how they will be an upgrade.

two of the points are basically saying they are going to cheat. Cops won't be arresting players any more (not that the players will make better choices) and that the admin is willing to spend money, including on things that are against the rules.

and similar/related to the coaching comment. he lists the strength of their coach's recruiting abilities individually and then includes as another point that recruiting will be a reason. again double counting.

basically his points boil down to:
1. Coaching staff is new
2. We can recruit really well, which was never a real problem for Richt
3. We are going to cheat, again not an issue at Georgia

thumbs up.

Reactions: 5 people
If they ever allow, because I said so, in a court of law, he's going to make a great witness.

Just amazed he could type all that with those pom-poms in both hands.

Reactions: 3 people
What's really funny about the author of that article? Here's from about a year ago:

7 Reasons Why Georgia Will Win A National Championship Within the Next 2 Years - Dawg Sports

7. Mark Richt

I’ll give credit where credit is due. Although I haven’t been the biggest advocate of Richt’s performance as head coach over the past 5-7 seasons, he is the man in charge and is the person that has put all of this together. This national championship will define the Mark Richt era at Georgia and will be a huge monkey off his back.

Buckle up Georgia fans, your in for one hell of a ride over the next couple of seasons.

What a freakin tool

Grand Vol is right.. this ranks right up there with the Vandy pump up Video (You'll get to play right away - you'd have to sit on the bench at the other SEC schools).. Ha still laughing.

Hey, we got a streak on Ga, even if it (at this point) is only 1 game. UGA won't be the new Alabama until they at least beat UT.

Go Vols.

Since when is averaging 10 wins a season in the SEC "topping out at 70", and getting consistent top 10 classes in recruiting failing? The article is also giving way too much credit to Kirby Smart for his first recruiting class. Most of those guys were recruited by Richt and staff. Finally, is Georgia really more talent rich than Florida or Louisiana? This was the most homer of homer articles I have ever read.

Have Georgians started losing more teeth?

I have some relatives that live 5 miles out side of Athens Ga.They believe that professional wrestling is real.Can't convince them other wise.I also have a cousin thats name is Slick.He's probably about 40 and I know hE has a real name just never heard any of them call him by it.The largest event in any of their lives is coming up.The annual 4th of July bluE berry piE eaten contest.Slick is the reigning champion.;)

Reactions: 4 people
Well Georgia is not going to replicate Saban's success, but they are going to be much improved. Maybe not this year, but it would be unwise to write them off as an also ran.

Just trying to think of any of Saban's proteges who have been successful?

Dooley?
Muschamp?

VN Store

Back