Current MLB Players From State of Tennessee

R.A. Dickey (Nashville, TN) College: Tennessee Univ, Drafted: 1996 (1st round, 18th overall) current team: Toronto Blue Jays, 42 years of age

Mookie Betts (Nashville, TN) College: None, Drafted: 2011: 5th Round, #172 overall), current team: Boston Red Sox, 24 years of age

Jerry Blevins (Johnson City, TN) College: Dayton, Drafted: 2007 (17th round, #516 overall) Current team: NY Mets, 33 years of age

Rex Brothers (Chapel Hil, TN) College: Lipscomb Univ, Drafted: 2009 (1st round, 34th overall) current team: Colorado Rockies, 28 years of age

Caleb Cotham (Mt. Juliet, TN) College: Vandy, Drafted: 2009 (5th Round, #165 overall) current team: Cincinnati Reds, 29 years of age

Zach Cozart (Memphis, TN) College: Ole Miss, Drafted: 2007 (2nd Round, #79 overall) current team: Cincinnati Reds, 31 years of age

Ed Easley (Memphis, TN) College Miss State Univ, Drafted: 2007 (1st Round, #61st overall) current team: non-MLB, last played in 2015 with the St. Louis Cards, 30 years of age

Logan Forsythe (Memphis, TN) College: Arkansas Univ, Drafted: 2008 (1st Round, #46th overall) current team: Tampa Rays, 29 years of age

Cory Gearrin (Chattanooga, TN) College: Mercer Univ, Drafted: undrafted, current team: San Francisco Giants, 30 years of age

Sonny Gray (Nashville, TN) College: Vandy, Drafted: 2011 (1st round, #18th overall) current team: Oakland A's, 27 years of age

Justin Grimm (Bristol, TN) College: Georgia Univ, Drafted: 2007 (13th Round, #414 overall) current team: Chicago Cubs, 28 years of age

Taylor Hill (Nashville, TN) College: Vandy, Drafted: 2011 (6th Round, #187 overall) current team: non-MLB, last played for Washington Nationals in 2015, 27 years of age

Chad Jenkins (Chattanooga, TN) College: Kennesaw State Univ, Drafted: 2009(1st Round, #20th overall), current team: non-MLB, last played for the Toronto Blue Jays in 2015, 28 years of age

Caleb Joseph (Nashville, TN) College: Lipscomb Univ, Drafted: 2008 (7th Round, #206 overall), current team: Baltimore O's, 30 years of age

Tony Kemp (Franklin, TN) College: Vandy, Drafted: 2013 (5th Round, #137 overall), current team: Houston Astros, 25 years of age

Michael McHenry (Knoxville, TN) College: MTSU, Drafted 2006 (7th Round, #198 overall), current team: non-MLB, last played with Colorado Rockies in 2015, 31 years of age

Alec Mills (Clarksville, TN) College: UT-Martin, Drafted: 2012 (22nd Round, #673 overall), current team: Kansas City Royals, 25 years of age

Mike Minor (Chapel Hill, TN) College: Vandy, Drafted: 2009 (1st Round, #7th overall), current team: non-MLB(injury rehab), last played for Atlanta Braves in 2014, 28 years of age

Bryan Morris (Woodbury, TN) College: Motlow State Comm College(TN), Drafted: 2006 (1st Round, #26th overall), current team: Maimi Marlins, 29 years of age

Daniel Norris (Johnson City, TN) College: None, Drafted: 2011 (2nd Round, #74overall), current team: Detroit Tigers, 23 years of age

Drew Pomeranz (Memphis, TN) College: Ole Miss, Drafted: 2010 (1st Round, #5 overall), current team: San Diego Padres, 28 years of age

David Price (Murfreesboro, TN) College: Vandy, Drafted:2007 (1st Round, #1 overall), current team: Detroit Tigers, 31 years of age

Stephen Pryor (Donelson, TN) College: Tenn. Tech Univ, Drafted: 2010 (5th Round, #162 overall), current team: non-MLB, last played in MLB in 2014 for the Seattle Mariners, 26 years of age

Robbie Ray (Brentwood, TN) College: None, Drafted: 2010 (12th Round, #356 overall), current team: Arizona Daimondbacks, 25 years of age

Cody Reed (Memphis, TN) College: Northwest Miss. Comm. College(2012-2013), Drafted: 2013 (2nd Round, #46 overall), current team: Cincinnati Reds, 23 years of age

Matt Reynolds (Knoxville, TN) College: Austin Peay State Univ, Drafted: 2007 (20th Round, #612 overall), current team: non-MLB, last played for Arizona Diamondbacks in 2015, 31 years of age

Ken Roberts (Murfreesboro, TN) College: MTSU, Drafted: 2010 (25th Round, #770 overall), current team: non-MLB, last played for Philadelphia Phillies in 2015, 28 years of age

Andrew Triggs (Nashville, TN) College: USC(Southern California), Drafted: 2012 (19th Round, #583 overall), current team: Oakland A's, 27 years of age

Daniel Wright (Bartlett, TN) College: Arkansas State Univ, Drafted: 2013 (10th Round, #315 overall), current team: Cincinnati Reds, 25 years of age

Bryce Brentz (Crossville, TN) College: MTSU, Drafted: 2010 (1st Round, #36 overall), current team: Boston Red Sox(DH,1B), 27 years of age

Drew Hayes (McKenzie, TN) College: Vandy Drafted: 2010 (11th round, #337 overall by Reds), current team: Cincinnati Reds MLB club, 28 years of age

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
There probably isn't a harder sport to scout, but it's alarming that UTK only got one of these guys.

Reactions: 1 person
There probably isn't a harder sport to scout, but it's alarming that UTK only got one of these guys.

That's true! R.A. Dickey is the only current one. Throwing the knuckleball saved his arm & career or his would be over by now & we wouldn't have a single player in MLB right now from the state of Tennessee and from UT.

Last edited:
Mookie Betts for the Red Sox is from Brentwood and signed with Tennessee before being drafted and signing with the Red Sox

Rick Honeycutt was mentioned on the MLB game last night....I guess he is still coaching

Mookie Betts for the Red Sox is from Brentwood and signed with Tennessee before being drafted and signing with the Red Sox

I thought he was in there. I know I added him when I was doing my list. I'll go back & add him. Thanks!

Rick Honeycutt was mentioned on the MLB game last night....I guess he is still coaching

Keep in mind this is "current" MLB players from the state of Tennessee & not former ones. Thanks!

Just added Bryce Brentz to the list even though he hasn't been on an MLB roster since 2014. Edit: Bryce Brentz is currently as of now(6-26-16) on the Boston Red Sox MLB club playing DH/1B.

Last edited:
Justice and Jordon Sheffield, Indians - Dodgers respectively. Justice right out of Tullahoma HS, Jordon after three at Vandy.

Justice and Jordon Sheffield, Indians - Dodgers respectively. Justice right out of Tullahoma HS, Jordon after three at Vandy.

They are not current or recent MLB players though. That's what this particular lists is about. They both may get to the big leagues but there are two requisites for this lists. One is being born in the state of Tennessee. The other is currently playing or recently played in MLB. Thanks!

Several on list are not there, I was just adding two that have already made more in pro ball than some on that list.
Did not mean to high jack.
Carry on!

Several on list are not there, I was just adding two that have already made more in pro ball than some on that list.
Did not mean to high jack.
Carry on!

You didn't high jack the lists buddy. Just a mixup. You can name the ones that should be on the lists that aren't if you want. That's what I'm looking for really. I made the lists myself but I make mistakes just like everyone else.

I could have left some out that should be there but they keys again to the list is having to have played MLB in recent years(2014, 2015) or currently playing(2016) at the MLB level. Thanks again for you help. :good!:

Last edited:
Somebody from UT needs to start scouting 1A Chapel Hill.

Vandy has Chapel Hill scoped out. They've got Alex Brewer from the 2016 class coming in as well. We should own rural towns, like Chapel Hill, because the more rural areas typically gravitate towards the flagship schools.

Drew Hayes from McKenzie TN.

Played at Vanderbilt. Drafted in 2006 by Arizona. Currently with the Reds. Made it to "the show" this year.

Reactions: 1 person
Drew Hayes from McKenzie TN.

Played at Vanderbilt. Drafted in 2006 by Arizona. Currently with the Reds. Made it to "the show" this year.

Thank you. That's the kind of stuff I'm looking for. Player will be added to the lists. Thanks!

JP Arencibia

University of Tennessee

Last played in the majors in 2015. Currently in the minors w TB.

Good enough. I'll add him too. Thanks! Edit: Can't add him. He wasn't born in Tennessee. He's from Louisville, KY. Sorry but thanks for trying.

Oh ok. I didn't realize the parameters. Sorry. Luke and JP are net eligible either.

Oh ok. I didn't realize the parameters. Sorry. Luke and JP are net eligible either.

Always take a look at the 1st post to see what's been added/changed. I try to keep it updated & right. Members here can help me do that too. Thanks!

Playing high school and college ball in the state seems a lot more like what the requirements should be than being born here and only playing teeballl in the state, but that's just my opinion

VN Store

Back