Kevin Stallings To Pitt

VolnJC

Love the headline

Pitt fails to upgrade with ludicrous Kevin Stallings hire | NCAA Basketball | Sporting News

We all have seen sports teams make terrible coaching hires. Sometimes, this involves hiring a terrible coach, somebody like Les Steckel with the Minnesota Vikings. Sometimes it’s a matter of hiring a great coach with just the wrong approach for the job he accepts, thinking Kelvin Sampson at Indiana.

Sometimes it’s all just so tone-deaf we’re left to shake our heads in amazement

Reactions: 2 people
Anybody they hire will be an upgrade for Vandy.

Anybody they hire will be an upgrade for Vandy.

They are wanting Will Wade, who is from Nashville, but went to school at Clemson. They can definitely pay more than VCU but timing might be bad since he has only been there one year.

Reactions: 1 person
I never thought he would leave Vanderbilt.I thought he would stay there until he retired.

Wait and see they will get a homerun hire and recruiting will blow up

They will hire Will Wade, if they are smart, and he will do what you just said. Not liking the idea of that style of Vandy team. Hopefully they botch it and hire some no name guy.

Wait and see they will get a homerun hire and recruiting will blow up

I started a thread about this in the NCAA forum..they seem to want Will Wade, who has Nashville ties, but also has only been at VCU for one year

Good to see that Baldy will finally be leaving the SEC so that he can now infect the ACC.
Appropriate that he's going to Pitt because, character-wise, he is the pits.
Good riddance to bad rubbish.

They are wanting Will Wade, who is from Nashville, but went to school at Clemson. They can definitely pay more than VCU but timing might be bad since he has only been there one year.

VCU is a better job than Vanderbilt and Wade will be a candidate for really good jobs down the line. I'd be very surprised if he left there for VU.

Vandy fans also think they can pull Gregg Marshall. They are delusional.

If they want to keep up with us, they should wait until a Coach K type finally burns out and give him a 5 yr. multi-million dollar contract.

If they hire Will Wade, then he will just try to build their bb into a program similar to their baseball program. We know how bad that has turned out.

VN Store

Back