Governor: State deficit could cancel LSU football

...wow.

This will be a barn burner one it makes it's way into the politics section.

Illinois has been without a budget for almost 8 months now and is billions in debt (hence the worst run state in the US) and there has been no mention of any athletic cuts like LSU is being threatened with -

Illinois has been without a budget for almost 8 months now and is billions in debt (hence the worst run state in the US) and there has been no mention of any athletic cuts like LSU is being threatened with -

Universities in Ilinois have athletic programs like LSU?

If LSU sold more corn dogs this would not be in consideration.

Reactions: 1 person
A state full of drunk Cajuns with no foosbah on a Saturday night???

ruh-roh

Screenshot_2016-02-12-08-39-33.jpg

At least they'll still have the Aints on Sunday.

Reactions: 7 people
Haha_ce4644_1846397.jpg

Reactions: 10 people
In all seriosity, this is just sabar rattling by Edwards...purely political posturing. Think of when President Osama threaten to cut Social Security or military pay, Congress buckles under and so will the Louisiana Legislator.

In all seriosity, this is just sabar rattling by Edwards...purely political posturing. Think of when President Osama threaten to cut Social Security or military pay, Congress buckles under and so will the Louisiana Legislator.

LSU football should act like an NFL team and threaten to move.

Reactions: 11 people

Yep, and I see what you did. Nice. :birgits_giggle:

I hope he shuts the whole damn state down. Lousy-ana deserves it for voting another Edwards into office, related or not. Morons!

Reactions: 1 person
The students have received an email that TOPS scholarships will be stopped.

Just as in the vast majority of social engineering, no matter how well intentioned, TOPS was a waste of money.

MommaBear

My daughter lived in Louisiana for 10 years before moving to Colorado last year. She attended Northwestern State for 3 semesters before transferring to UL-Lafayette, where she graduated. Louisiana has had their TOPS program for years. To qualify, you only needed a 2.5 GPA in High School to earn free tuition in the state. Needless to say, the Universities were full of kids who had no intention of going to class, but looked at this great opportunity to just hang out for a year away from home. Being from Texas, she didn't qualify for this program. I'm not the least bit surprised that they had to suspend the program because they ran out of money. Just imagine what it would be like if Sanders gets elected and wants to take this sort of program nationwide! I guess I should tell me daughter to hurry up and file her taxes if she has any hopes of getting a refund from Louisiana.

Good Intentions: the highway to some place nobody wants to be is littered with them.

Reactions: 3 people
None of us believe this will happen im sure. However imagine when all those studs have unconditional transfer rights without having to sit out a year if it did happen. 80 or so great players minus the qbs. Lol

Last edited:
None of us believe this will happen im sure. However imagine when all those studs have unconditional transfer rights without having to sit out a year if it did happen. 80 or so great players minus the qbs. Lol

BylrFan

The issue isn't one of funding - the issue is that should funding run out and classes be forced to be canceled, players could receive incompletes and thus be rendered ineligible.

If something like this were to happen, what then? Does the NCAA then step in with some type of exemption to restore the players academic standing?

BylrFan

The issue isn't one of funding - the issue is that should funding run out and classes be forced to be canceled, players could receive incompletes and thus be rendered ineligible.

If something like this were to happen, what then? Does the NCAA then step in with some type of exemption to restore the players academic standing?

I just see the NCAA allowing immediate non restricted transfers like what they allowed USC, Penn St, UAB & SMU players back in the day.

VN Store

Back