Pat Haden Retirement

It was fast approaching the Sarkisian hire and related subsequent incidents expedited matters

I bet USC finally goes outside the family on this one. seems like they are ready for a change.

For one of the top jobs in country, in a span of five years, he hired a flat-out liar, a drunk, and a guy that Memphis State rejected. Plus, used Cajun Ed to keep things stable. Haden made Hammy look like Al Einstein.

Any one else think Haden has a drinking issue? He passed out at Notre Dame game and then skipped the entire second half of their season.

For one of the top jobs in country, in a span of five years, he hired a flat-out liar, a drunk, and a guy that Memphis State rejected. Plus, used Cajun Ed to keep things stable. Haden made Hammy look like Al Einstein.

Any one else think Haden has a drinking issue? He passed out at Notre Dame game and then skipped the entire second half of their season.

Haden didn't hire Kiffin if that's the liar you are referring to.

But yeah... Outside of firing Kiffin his tenure has been pathetic.

He's been ordered to slow down by his Doctor. The health issues are real.

I feel sorry for Hayden. He didn't need the job to begin with and walked straight into a disaster to help his alma mater out.

He's been ordered not to travel by his Doctor. It's not a drinking problem.

I feel sorry for Hayden. He didn't need the job to begin with and walked straight into a disaster to help his alma mater out.

Ok, I can also see that point of view. I haven't followed along closely. Over the last couple of years, the LA Times has carved Haden up. But, their USC beat writers are always working the angles that sell the most newspapers.

I forgot about Mike Garrett having that job prior to Haden. And, Pete Carroll did leave a disaster with the NCAA issues.

He ran them into the ground, mostly because of his ego. I can't say I feel that bad for him

He ran them into the ground, mostly because of his ego. I can't say I feel that bad for him

Even with age & health issues, how did Haden justify not vetting Sark?

Assign one sweater-girl the task and within 15 minutes, she would have found that everyone in Seattle knew he showed up for morning meetings reeking of Tequila & Coors Lite.

Reactions: 2 people

This. He knew what he was inheriting and did it anyway. I doubt anyone saw the Sark hire ending this way. He's had known issues, but this was just bad.

Would be interesting to find out what real candidates were out there

Last edited:

VN Store

Back