Charlie Strong is tearing it up......

imbubbaspitcup

at Texas. He will have a top 5 class at days end. I don't know how many recruits we take some say 21 some say 22, but I believe in Butch & his staff of getting this process done & getting us the ballers we need! Go Vols!!!!

Reactions: 1 person
His successor after he gets fired next year will appreciate the recruiting efforts. And Charlie will make a great DC for someone after Texas fires him.

Strong and Johnny Jones at LSU should put on a "How Not To Coach Great Talent" clinic.

Strong, with a new AD and off season hires (OC Gilbert and DL Haley), is on the Butch Jones "6-7 year (build) plan"

Last edited:
at Texas. He will have a top 5 class at days end. I don't know how many recruits we take some say 21 some say 22, but I believe in Butch & his staff of getting this process done & getting us the ballers we need! Go Vols!!!!

#11 on 247, #13 on Rivals. Very good finish but not nearly enough to get into the top 5.

Texas should have a top 5 class every year. If a coach cannot recruit top talent in Austin, he needs to get out of the business.

Reactions: 3 people
Now that Strong has cleaned house and is finally getting his players in, I'll take the unpopular stance of claiming Strong's coaching career at the wrong UT is just now really beginning

Now that Strong has cleaned house and is finally getting his players in, I'll take the unpopular stance of claiming Strong's coaching career at the wrong UT is just now really beginning

Only if he landed another Teddy Bridgewater.

Only if he landed another Teddy Bridgewater.

I love ya gramps, but I love idiotic posts like this regardless of the poster even more.

I'll go ahead and lump you into the Butch won't win after Dobbs leaves crowd.

And ftr, Strong recruited a top notch dual threat qb.

I love ya gramps, but I love idiotic posts like this regardless of the poster even more.

I'll go ahead and lump you into the Butch won't win after Dobbs leaves crowd.

And ftr, Strong recruited a top notch dual threat qb.

You got me lumped into the wrong crowd.

What outstanding coaching job has Strong done without Bridgewater?

I was and still am very thankful he turned the Vols down. I rather have Butch 5 to 1 over Strong. Texas made a terrible hire, imo.

He's been a head coach for 6 years. Stop reaching so hard.

I imagine since you are in love with Charley, you have purchased you a nice collection of Longhorn gear that you will burn the day after they fire him.

:crazy:

If you like Strong as a coach that is fine. I have no problem with that. I personally don't think he is a good coach. Time will tell.

I imagine since you are in love with Charley, you have purchased you a nice collection of Longhorn gear that you will burn the day after they fire him.

:crazy:

If you like Strong as a coach that is fine. I have no problem with that. I personally don't think he is a good coach. Time will tell.

ah, and there we go. Nice slam with no substance or truth to it. I thought you could actually bring something to the table. Guess I read the cover of your book all wrong.

ah, and there we go. Nice slam with no substance or truth to it. I thought you could actually bring something to the table. Guess I read the cover of your book all wrong.

I ask you a simple question . What outstanding coaching job has Strong done without Bridgewater?

Your answer was He has only coached 6 years.

Looks like we agree, without Bridgewater, Strong has not been successful.

As I said in my previous post, if you like Strong as a coach, I have no problem with that.
I am tickled pink he is not sporting the Power T.

Strong reminds me of two of our former coaches.

1. Kiffin.
Both are blessed with skills to interview well and get hired for jobs they are not ready for.
2. Dooley
Neither are qualified to be a NCAA HC and it shows by the GameDay Coaching Skills which is NONE.

Reactions: 5 people
And has failed miserably.

I'm glad he turned us down too but he inherited a dumpster fire at Texas. Not sure two years w/o Bridgewater is a good enough sample size to come to a solid conclusion.

He did beat OU this year which is more than we can say.

Lol. Keep being dumb Gramps and prettying up what you said. He's barely coached without the kid. Can't believe I thought you had any resemblance of an educated well rounded poster. When respecting elders goes wrong I guess.
All Strong needs to keep his job is a winning record and a bowl victory in 2016. Here's his 2016 schedule:

Sept. 3: NOTRE DAME
Sept. 10: UTEP
Sept. 17: at California
Oct. 1: at Oklahoma State*
Oct. 8: vs. Oklahoma* (Dallas)
Oct. 15: IOWA STATE*
Oct. 22: at K-State*
Oct. 29: BAYLOR*
Nov. 5: at Texas Tech*
Nov. 12: WEST VIRGINIA*
Nov. 19: at Kansas*
Nov. 24: TCU*

Find me six wins please...Herman won't wait around at Cougar High forever!!! He's looking dead square at a 1-4 start and could most likely be gone after the OU game. If he loses to Iowa State, again, in game six...he gone.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back