yeah, I said it.

99gator

Congressman
Now that pretty much all the dust has settled and smoke has cleared on the 2015 season, I think it’s clear that the best conference in America this season is……the Big 10.

Yeah, I said it.

For one thing, I don’t think there is a top 4 that compares with the top 4 of the Big 10. From what I have seen, Iowa, Michigan, Michigan State and Ohio State could play with anybody, or most anybody. You have a pretty good argument when right off the bat a team that isn’t playing for a conference title is possibly the best team in America. Don’t kid yourselves. Whoever you think is the best team in the country, that team is happy Ohio State won’t be around.

In addition, Northwestern and Wisconsin are solid football teams.

The two best teams in the ACC are 1-1 vs. South Carolina with a point differential of (+1).

In the SEC, you’d have an argument as to who the top 4 even are, but Florida has to probably rank at #2 by default. Ole Miss is probably in that top 4 as well. Both were spanked in non-conference play by Memphis and FSU respectively.

The Big 12 has an argument with quality at the top with TCU, Baylor, Oklahoma, and Oklahoma State. However, it’s more top heavy than the Big 10 and defense is optional.

As the year has played out and considering what leagues did also stepping out of the conference, I think the Big 10 had the best year.

Reactions: 2 people
OH no you dint!!!

Guess we will find out it Dec and Jan as I expect a few SEC/B1G match ups. And whomever gets Iowa in the playoffs should be licking their chops

Reactions: 1 person
I think that's a fair argument. Butttt. Let's see how they stack up vs other conferences in the coming weeks. And I think the Big 12 is the worst conference. Yeah, I said it. Play defense against a big 12 team and you win. They don't know how to react to a defense, cause most the teams in their conference don't have one

Your High!! :neener2:

Any of those would be 8-4 at best if they had our schedule!! :shaking2:

2196277-nooooo_.jpg

I think Iowa loses to MSU. OSU could still sneak in. I think the final 4 will be OU, Clem, Ala., and either MSU or Osu. Thoughts?

I think Iowa loses to MSU. OSU could still sneak in. I think the final 4 will be OU, Clem, Ala., and either MSU or Osu. Thoughts?

The only way the Big 10 has a remote chance at getting 2 teams in is if Bama or Clemson slips up. Iowa or MSU is automatically in.

I think you are right that Big 10 is strongest or as strong as SEC and ACC. I would not use Iowa as a point though. Not until we see how they play against Michigan State and whatever bowl they end up in. Northwestern is the only real team I think they have played in and their division is soft like the SEC East.

Maybe record wise Florida is #2 in the SEC but they are probably the 3rd or 4th best team (without Grier).

Your argument is reasonable and prob correct overall. I just disagree on Iowa as a strength of the Big 10, but my mind could be changed. At this point in the season, I also believe TN is the better team in the east and would have the better chance to beat Bama in the SECCG. Early season UF would be better. Not UT homerism. I realize we have been playing scrubs but Florida's offensive wheels have fallen off and have heard several commentators say the same this late in year.

Also, i don't know that the Big 10 has the best chance to win the playoff. They probably have better depth of good teams in their top 4 or 5 teams than the SEC and ACC though, I do agree with that

Last edited:
I think you are right that Big 10 is strongest or as strong as SEC and ACC. I would not use Iowa as a point though. Not until we see how they play against Michigan State and whatever bowl they end up in. Northwestern is the only real team I think they have played in and their division is soft like the SEC East.

Maybe record wise Florida is #2 in the SEC but they are probably the 3rd or 4th best team (without Grier).

Your argument is reasonable and prob correct overall. I just disagree on Iowa as a strength of the Big 10, but my mind could be changed. At this point in the season, I also believe TN is the better team in the east and would have the better chance to beat Bama in the SECCG. Early season UF would be better. Not UT homerism. I realize we have been playing scrubs but Florida's offensive wheels have fallen off and have heard several commentators say the same this late in year. Records wise Florida is, the better team or playing team and balance would be UT right now.

Also, i don't know that the Big 10 has the best chance to win the playoff. They probably have better depth of good teams in their top 4 or 5 teams than the SEC and ACC though, I do agree with that

Without Grier and his PEDs, Florida is not even Top Third of the SEC. They have the win over UGA, but the 27-3 score is misleading, as Harris was 8-19 throwing, and they had a special teams TD and a three-yard TD drive. They scored 10 vs Vandy and likely would have lost to FAU if the refs had properly called PI in the end zone in OT.

By next September, I'm sure Florida will be ready and able to beat us again, but this week, they would struggle big time against half of the SEC.

Without Grier and his PEDs, Florida is not even Top Third of the SEC. They have the win over UGA, but the 27-3 score is misleading, as Harris was 8-19 throwing, and they had a special teams TD and a three-yard TD drive. They scored 10 vs Vandy and likely would have lost to FAU if the refs had properly called PI in the end zone in OT.

By next September, I'm sure Florida will be ready and able to beat us again, but this week, they would struggle big time against half of the SEC.

Reasonable as well. I was being too nice to them

Now that pretty much all the dust has settled and smoke has cleared on the 2015 season, I think it’s clear that the best conference in America this season is……the Big 10.

Yeah, I said it.

For one thing, I don’t think there is a top 4 that compares with the top 4 of the Big 10. From what I have seen, Iowa, Michigan, Michigan State and Ohio State could play with anybody, or most anybody. You have a pretty good argument when right off the bat a team that isn’t playing for a conference title is possibly the best team in America. Don’t kid yourselves. Whoever you think is the best team in the country, that team is happy Ohio State won’t be around.

In addition, Northwestern and Wisconsin are solid football teams.

The two best teams in the ACC are 1-1 vs. South Carolina with a point differential of (+1).

In the SEC, you’d have an argument as to who the top 4 even are, but Florida has to probably rank at #2 by default. Ole Miss is probably in that top 4 as well. Both were spanked in non-conference play by Memphis and FSU respectively.

The Big 12 has an argument with quality at the top with TCU, Baylor, Oklahoma, and Oklahoma State. However, it’s more top heavy than the Big 10 and defense is optional.

As the year has played out and considering what leagues did also stepping out of the conference, I think the Big 10 had the best year.

Your argument should be that the Big 10 is the most top-heavy, and that's about as far as it goes.

The SEC vs Big 10 in a straight up, pound for pound fight would look something like this:

The top would be a battle. Bama vs. Ohio State, Ole Miss vs Mich State, Florida vs. Iowa, etc etc. I personally think Florida smashes an Iowa team that can't move the ball on that defense, but everything else is a tough call.

In the middle, I'll take Tennessee, Arkansas, LSU, Georgia vs. Northwestern, Wisconsin, 7-5 Penn State and 6-6 Indiana all day long. I say the Big 10 wins one of those at best, and it's hard fought.

At the bottom, I would absolutely take 4-8 Vandy and 3-9 SC over 2-10 Purdue and 3-9 Maryland. 5-7 Mizzou vs. 5-7 Minnesota would be a good game, but again, I have a hard time with the idea that Minnesota could score on their defense. 5-7 Kentucky would beat 5-7 Illinois.

That's about as even as I could match it. But in 14 games of SEC vs B1G, B1G maybe wins 6. And several of those 6 come at the top in hard fought matches.

Reactions: 4 people

If you look at it OU is where TCU was last year...so, if UNC were to win a Close one, and MSU dominates Iowa *thus improving the quality if OSU's loss, I could see OSU (more likely Stanford --assuming they beat SoCal) going in instead if UNC.

If you look at it OU is where TCU was last year...so, if UNC were to win a Close one, and MSU dominates Iowa *thus improving the quality if OSU's loss, I could see OSU (more likely Stanford --assuming they beat SoCal) going in instead if UNC.

Well, except OU outright won its conference, whereas TCU was the 1-loss team with the better OOC SOS compared to Baylor...but when it came down to it and the conference standings/champions were finalized the final CFP rankings had the finalized conference champion Baylor move up to #5 ahead of runner-up TCU, now #6.

Their OOC and conference SOS are also already both much better than what last year's conference champ Baylor had on its résumé.

(Edit: it's late and I blanked on their loss to Texas.)

Last edited:
Well, except OU is undefeated and outright won its conference, whereas TCU was the 1-loss team with the better OOC SOS compared to Baylor...but when it came down to it and the conference standings/champions were finalized the final CFP rankings had the finalized conference champion Baylor move up to #5 ahead of runner-up TCU, now #6.

If you don't already know they have one loss, you'll never believe me when I tell you who they lost to

If you don't already know they have one loss, you'll never believe me when I tell you who they lost to

My bad, it's late and I blanked on the Red River Rivalry loss.

That said, again, I don't think they're going to be experiencing any sort of TCU-like drop because regardless of next weekend's outcomes, they're definitely their conference's champions.

The SEC really isn't that great right now, and the East is legitimately bad. That's why it's frustrating that we can't take advantage.

VN Store

Back