SDS has Herman interested in UGA.

Glocker_Alum_2005

Consensus among Vol fans, if next UGA coach is Kirby Smart, no big deal...what about if it were Tom Herman instead?

SDS isn't very accurate and the AJC has Kirby Smart as the guy Georgia will hire as next head football coach.

I would imagine Herman goes to SoCal, Smart to UGA, and possibly Richt to USCe/Mizzou

I hope Kirby Smart gets hired at UGA and he brings Muschamp on to his staff as well. Hiring a nut job like Muschamp makes the east more entertaining.

Reactions: 5 people
I hope Kirby Smart gets hired at UGA and he brings Muschamp on to his staff as well. Hiring a nut job like Muschamp makes the east more entertaining.

Muschamp is a good DC, he should have never been a HC, obviously. He should be locked up behind closed doors other than for game day, he would be a solid hire for sure though.

Reactions: 2 people
Herman is the real deal and obviously going to be very successful IMO but he isn't ready yet. He's likely going to need some more time as a head coach at a program like Houston playing quality opponents or a couple of years of unsuccessful seasons at a program like Georgia. It looks pretty obvious to me that he is smart enough give it some time for growing and development before taking on a program like Georgia. That's what makes him good. That kind of vision.

Reactions: 1 person
Herman is the real deal and obviously going to be very successful IMO but he isn't ready yet. He's likely going to need some more time as a head coach at a program like Houston playing quality opponents or a couple of years of unsuccessful seasons at a program like Georgia. It looks pretty obvious to me that he is smart enough give it some time for growing and development before taking on a program like Georgia. That's what makes him good. That kind of vision.

This. I've heard he's also really hoping to wait out the Charlie Strong situation in the event that he is fired. Herman played at Texas and ultimately wants to be the HC there.

This. I've heard he's also really hoping to wait out the Charlie Strong situation in the event that he is fired. Herman played at Texas and ultimately wants to be the HC there.

He played at Cal Lutheran and is from California. He was a GA at TX in the late 90's and has spent 10 years or so coaching in TX.

VN Store

Back