Texas vs Texas Tech

VolnJC

27-24 Red Raiders...if Texas loses they will not make a bowl this year and will be in danger of going 4-8 with a loss to Baylor next week

34-24 Tech..Texas in trouble now..they really can't stop TT they have 521 yards thru 3 quarters..if it weren't for 4 TOs this would be over already

haha..Texas Tech runs trick play from victory formation...nearly 700 yards total offense 48-38

Big 12 defenses smh -- Sunseri has another shot at a DC job somewhere in the Big 12 --- the Texas loss make Oklahoma look bad for the CFB playoff

I could understand the Texas offense struggling, but Charlie putting a crap defense like that on the field after 3 years baffles me.

I could see Les Miles.

If they could draw him south, Chip Kelly might be their best option.

Les would be way better for one of the main job requirements. Hobnobbing with the big boosters and powers that be, is what Mack Brown excelled at and Strong's first failure in Austin. Miles is built for it...Kelly is a X's and O's hermit.

Reactions: 1 person
Strong still has the public support of the administration and does not want to be labeled a quitter. He'll be back for 2016.

I like Chuck Strong but he'd be incredibly dumb to not get the heck out of Austin by mid-December.

If Strong can't win at Texas, he won't be able to anywhere. The problem with Strong is he no longer has Bridgewater.

Strong still has the public support of the administration and does not want to be labeled a quitter. He'll be back for 2016.

4-8 in year two won't cut it at Texas. I think he'll be gone. He just needs to go to Miami if he can because that type of opportunity won't be there for him this time next year.

Reactions: 1 person
I believe you. I would have never expected that out of Texas though. I think it's pretty clear that Strong isn't the answer, and money is certainly not an issue. Why delay the inevitable?

Honestly, they have to give him time to fix the system. Brown left it in the shambles and it's going to take a while to clean out the rot. Strong very well could be the answer, but he'll never get the chance because Texas is one of those places that if you aren't in the Top 5 by year 2, they are calling for your head.

Honestly, they have to give him time to fix the system. Brown left it in the shambles and it's going to take a while to clean out the rot. Strong very well could be the answer, but he'll never get the chance because Texas is one of those places that if you aren't in the Top 5 by year 2, they are calling for your head.

It's not just a matter of not being in the top five though. They have gotten worse from year one to year two. Probably two games worse if Baylor does what they are expected to next week.

VN Store

Back