Justin Fuente To Virginia Tech?

VolnJC

I didn't expect them to go this route

Virginia Tech: Virginia Tech is expected to be the next school to hire a new head coach. Yahoo Sports’ Pat Forde writes, “Word is that athletic director Whit Babcock has his man, and has for a while now, and (Justin) Fuente is that man.”

He was 1 of the big 3 wanted up here. Fuente, Herman, or Morris from smu. Wouldn't surprise me if they got him.

They are said to have informed staff about 2 weeks ago about the change and are expected to announce it sometime early next week if they lose to UVA and don't make a bowl.

They are said to have informed staff about 2 weeks ago about the change and are expected to announce it sometime early next week if they lose to UVA and don't make a bowl.

any chance that Fuente would retain Foster?

any chance that Fuente would retain Foster?

Haven't heard anything worth repeating on foster yet. Everyone claims they have sources. I feel I can trust mine. I can't name names, but my wife and I both work in education, and a few of our students are children of the coaches. When you see them crying telling all their friends they are leaving next year it breaks your heart. The kids get pulled around state to state every couple of years and it's very hard on them. Some things are bigger than football sometimes.

Reactions: 2 people
Haven't heard anything worth repeating on foster yet. Everyone claims they have sources. I feel I can trust mine. I can't name names, but my wife and I both work in education, and a few of our students are children of the coaches. When you see them crying telling all their friends they are leaving next year it breaks your heart. The kids get pulled around state to state every couple of years and it's very hard on them. Some things are bigger than football sometimes.

Yeah the head coaches and coordinators probably get buyouts but I doubt the position coaches get much at all and they have to end up being away from home going to coaches conventions and camps trying to find a job

Fuente + Foster would be a really good combo.

Foster will not be at Tech next year, he is in the running for the Illinois job. Besides he's butt hurt about not being considered to take over for frank. If Smart leaves bama and Foster is left out of the Illinois job look for Saban to put in a call to Bud.

Foster will not be at Tech next year, he is in the running for the Illinois job. Besides he's butt hurt about not being considered to take over for frank. If Smart leaves bama and Foster is left out of the Illinois job look for Saban to put in a call to Bud.

Rod Carey of Northern Illinois would be a better hire for Illinois than Foster.

Reactions: 1 person
He will bury any major program he goes to and if it's vt you will never hear from them again after Bristol. It will take a decade to recover.

He will bury any major program he goes to and if it's vt you will never hear from them again after Bristol. It will take a decade to recover.

I'm betting this prediction will be as close as when Missouri was supposed to win the SEC title and when they didn't it was the SEC cheating for Alabama.

Reactions: 3 people
Dang. I think Beamer made the Va Tech job better than it really is. As hot as Fuente is right now, I'm not sure this would be a great move for him.

Dang. I think Beamer made the Va Tech job better than it really is. As hot as Fuente is right now, I'm not sure this would be a great move for him.

Beamer got Tech to the tipping point Regional/National program, while he did an outstanding job he stayed too long. Fuente will struggle at VT at first but they are patient enough to ride it out there. Then again he may fool everyone and win the ACC next year.

VN Store

Back