Louisville vs Kentucky

VolFootballnut

Time for the annual Battle of the Bluegrass Louisville vs Kentucky. I think Louisville beats Kentucky 28-17 finishing the regular season 7-5 and making it possible that Mark Stoops isn't Kentucky Head Football Coach in 2016.

Reactions: 1 person
Mark Stoops won't be fired this year. Thanks to a well timed raise last year his buyout is way too much for UK to get rid of him, at least from what I hear.

Reactions: 1 person
Week after week I keep thinking this is the biggest game for Stoops' career here. Somehow every week it gets more and more important. The wins over USCj/Mizzou, narrow loss to UF, losses to UT/UGA/MSU. The entire season has been a roller coaster of emotion and heartbreak.

Lose to UL, whether big or small, and it will once and for all validate (in the minds of many), that Stoops needs to go. What big wins has he had? What big upsets have we won? Beating USCjr twice, beating Mizzou. We've lost 6...SIX...games in the last two years by a total of 32 points. This team hasn't learned how to separate in the 1st half. Over and over they put themselves in terrible situations in the 4th.

I'll drop the nega-cat attitude and say we win by 3 on a late FG. An interception in the closing seconds seals the win. Go Cats!

Week after week I keep thinking this is the biggest game for Stoops' career here. Somehow every week it gets more and more important. The wins over USCj/Mizzou, narrow loss to UF, losses to UT/UGA/MSU. The entire season has been a roller coaster of emotion and heartbreak.

Lose to UL, whether big or small, and it will once and for all validate (in the minds of many), that Stoops needs to go. What big wins has he had? What big upsets have we won? Beating USCjr twice, beating Mizzou. We've lost 6...SIX...games in the last two years by a total of 32 points. This team hasn't learned how to separate in the 1st half. Over and over they put themselves in terrible situations in the 4th.

I'll drop the nega-cat attitude and say we win by 3 on a late FG. An interception in the closing seconds seals the win. Go Cats!

Did you guys play Vandy this year?

UK always play well against Louisville. Stoops knows this is the most important game of his career. If he wins, he's safe. If he loses, expect his seat to get hotter in 2016. UK will come out fighting. I expect Barker & Boom to have a breakout game as well.

UK - 42
UL - 34

Petrino is 5-0 vs UK, hoping it will be 5-1 after today.

Petrino is 5-0 vs UK, hoping it will be 5-1 after today.

He's 6-1, the lone loss being a 21-20 loss when he as at Arky. I guess he was too wrapped up with Ms. Dorrell that day.

But yeah, 6-2 would be nice after today.

VN Store

Back