Logical Question, With Pat Haden is USC still a Top 5 job?

coffeevol

regular old member
It would seem with the chaos of USC and Pat Haden's tenure there it would not be as attractive as it has been in the past....what do yall think???

I absolutely think it's a Top 5 job. It's in Cali, has a brand that can easily recruit nationally, expectations and fan base are much more subdued than in the SEC.

But, honestly I don't see Haden surviving this in the long run...but if he stays he doesn't make the hire IMO.

I absolutely think it's a Top 5 job. It's in Cali, has a brand that can easily recruit nationally, expectations and fan base are much more subdued than in the SEC.

But, honestly I don't see Haden surviving this in the long run...but if he stays he doesn't make the hire IMO.

I think he will have less to do with it than last.

Reactions: 1 person
With the notable exception of the Pete Carroll years, they have been pedestrian since 1991. I guess you would consider it a top 5 job based on the recruiting base (being split now with UCLA) and their deep pocketed boosters but it still takes a great coach to win there. Not just anybody can do it.

Yes!!!! I think it's a Top 4 job. Basically USC, Texas, Ohio St and Alabama are the best jobs in America. The order really doesn't matter

I read that USC's facilities are all that great, and the atmosphere pales before that of almost all SEC schools. I think the job is a bit overrated--and as someone said above, USC went through a LONG period of mediocrity before Carroll got there.

With the notable exception of the Pete Carroll years, they have been pedestrian since 1991. I guess you would consider it a top 5 job based on the recruiting base (being split now with UCLA) and their deep pocketed boosters but it still takes a great coach to win there. Not just anybody can do it.

That could be said about any program in the country. How'd Florida do with Zook and Muschamp? How about Bama with DuBose, Fran, and Shula? How about Texas with David Mcwilliams? No program is infallible, but USC has everything a coach could want.

I read that USC's facilities are all that great, and the atmosphere pales before that of almost all SEC schools. I think the job is a bit overrated--and as someone said above, USC went through a LONG period of mediocrity before Carroll got there.

USC just got a massive facilities upgrade. Atmosphere isn't nearly as good as most top programs, but I'm not sure coaches really care about that.

USC stands for U Suck ****. LA is 90% ghetto and stuff is way overpriced. Being from California, I can tell you how bad it is.

Finebaum said today that Pat Haden didn't seem like he really wanted the job from the get-go.

USC just got a massive facilities upgrade. Atmosphere isn't nearly as good as most top programs, but I'm not sure coaches really care about that.

If I were a top recruit I would definitely take into consideration stadium atmosphere. LA Coliseum is a graveyard half of the time and is in South LA. Probably is my bias towards the SEC, but I would play in the majority of SEC stadiums over LA because USC feels too much like a pro atmosphere

Neither do 4&5* recruits in California. USC is a great school, with a very powerful alumni network..recruits and their family know this. An NFL career is short, and more and more kids out here are thinking about life after football...that is how USC got guys like Adoree'', Biggie, JuJu, etc.

USC will probably always be a top school. Easy to recruit based on their tradition, brand name on West Coast and their NFL history.

VN Store

Back