Post your favorite Steve Spurrier moments

C1500

You're the ketchup to my mustard.
With the news coming out of him leaving I thought it would be cool to post our favorite Video, GIF, Pics, etc of stuff we have seen him do over the years.

Here is one that always gets me laughing!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jA8NR1ekq4s[/youtube]

When he was drunk on the Sunday morning Steve Spurrier show last year after a loss!

😂 Now that was funny

Reactions: 3 people
During the '96 Fiesta Bowl for the National Championship vs Nebraska, Tommie Frazier took a QB draw up the middle and went untouched for a 25 yard touchdown. The CBS crew (Jim Nantz had kissed his butt all week focused on him as he buried his face in his hands and shook his head). A Pepto moment if there ever was, classic stuff.

On a fire at the football dorm that destroyed 20 books: "But the real tragedy was that 15 hadn't been colored yet."

Reactions: 6 people
Loved post game loss press conf...." I didn't coach very good today, kids didn't play well, think our kickers were in the military...left, right, left, we just are not a very good football team"

Reactions: 1 person
Didn't he coin "Free Shoes University"?

Another gem:
"In 12 years at Florida, I don't think we ever signed a kid from the state of Alabama ... Of course, we found out later that the scholarships they were giving out at Alabama were worth a whole lot more than ours."

Reactions: 11 people
Speaking after a 73-7 drubbing of the Cats, he was asked if he saw anything positive out of Kentucky's play. He gave the typical sour lemon Spurrier face, and proceeded with, "Well, I know they have a pretty doggone good punter. That's about it."

In 1997 we had gone down to Gainesville to watch the game. We were driving around the hotel parking lot looking for a spot when a man darts out from between 2 cars. My friend slams on the brakes to avoid hitting him. Guy turns and looks into the carload of UT students who almost ended his life and we all suddenly realize it's Spurrier. After a brief second my friend in the back seat yells "floor it!" but he got away. Oh what could have been...

Reactions: 4 people
Our first encounter was at a high school game in Oak Ridge. We younger kids had a tradition of running the field after the game and grabbing chin straps. The bigger the player the greater the prize. Our group grabbed hundreds of chin straps over the years without incident. Spurrier was the only player to actually take the time to run me down, pin me to the ground and take back his chin strap.

Reactions: 4 people
After starting out 17-0 against Kentucky, he slid to 3-3 against the Cats in the last 6 years. He was 1-2 against Stoops.

I saw Clemson beat Spurrier's Duke team in 1988 49-17. That was one of the worst beatings one of his teams ever took.

I'm sure someone could post it, I'm not sure how, but the gif of him pulling his visor down over his eyes always cracks me up.

Last edited:
After Meyer left, some folks went through back channels to see if UF was interested and the AD let it be known that Spurrier could submit a resume and he replied: "Tell him to go look in his trophy case."

Reactions: 7 people
In 1997 we had gone down to Gainesville to watch the game. We were driving around the hotel parking lot looking for a spot when a man darts out from between 2 cars. My friend slams on the brakes to avoid hitting him. Guy turns and looks into the carload of UT students who almost ended his life and we all suddenly realize it's Spurrier. After a brief second my friend in the back seat yells "floor it!" but he got away. Oh what could have been...

:lolabove: gets my vote!

(It's a good thing the boss is out of the office today, I've LOL'd all day long!)

I'm sure someone could post it, I'm not sure how, but the gif of him pulling his visor down over his eyes always cracks me up.

stevehides.0.gif

After Meyer left, some folks went through back channels to see if UF was interested and the AD let it be known that Spurrier could submit a resume and he replied: "Tell him to go look in his trophy case."

I hope he does analysis. His one liners are just perfectly suited for casting games. Similar to how Bob Knight did basketball after he left, I could see the SEC network picking him up immediately if he wanted to do it.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back